Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Can't answer the question - try contacting them and ask:

Tel: (00 34) 922 79 02 00

Fax: (00 34) 922 79 02 74
:D Hi there, my mum and aunty are heading there fri, and asked me to email hotel, with their requests, they emailed back the same day!

Did remember reading, a review on holidays uncovered where a couple payed 25E to keep their room on, but they were told to keep quiet about it by reception staff, this must have been because other rooms were unavailable to other holiday makers, and I suppose they didn't want them up in arms about it!, Just send a quick email, a week before you are going (This way, they should have details of all holidaymakers arriving- and they'll prob be able to tell you if this is possible. )Good Luck!
Cheers, thanks for that. Can you gave me their email address
:D Hi, email at: bouganville.playa@iberostar.com

Good Luck
I am staying at this hotel in July and will be travelling wtih Thomson. I was wondering if we would be better just getting a taxi to and from the airport instead of waiting around for the coach and all of the drop-offs as we usually stay at the thomson platinum hotels so we are dropped off first so have never had to sit through a tedious coach journey.

Can anybody tell me how many euros is it roughly from the airport to the hotel and when we are returning to the airport are we best getting the hotel to call a taxi or flagging one down in the street?

Thanks
Nichola

Taxi will be approx 20 euro Takes 10mins at 80 mph More scary that the flight :lol:

I doubt you will need to book one on way back, there is an abundance of taxis as you will see during your stay 8)
Hi there,
We also got a taxi to and from the airport,it cost us just 18 euros each way even at 5.30 am in the morning going back to the airport for an early flight out,the hotel will call one and it will be with you in minutes,there is an abundance of them around,though goodness only knows how they have no dents,the last person was right,they fly faster than the planes,just close your eyes,you will get there in one piece,these guys do it for a living.It is much better than waiting around in a hot and humid coach and then being transported half way around Tenerife before reaching The Bouganville Playa,your holiday will be much less stressfull.
ENJOY-Carrie-Ann
hiya were going back to tenerife in june fo the fourth year running and was just wondering what the situation is with roadworks going down to the seafront past the hotel bouganvillle. Thankyou
They have moved down to the Gran Tenerife and there is a topic here but not much information since March 15th. Link to map shows extent of works at that time.
Been informed by my tour operator (post booking) that their contract does not include roome with "seaview". (Travel date in about 4 weeks.) Can any of you regular/previous visitors to this hotel recommend 1. Which floor and 2. any specific rooms with SEAVIEW to request upgrade to? Or possibly ALL views from any room are acceptable?? Thanks for your help on this!
Looking for a low floor with pool view. Can anyone recommend. Cheers!
Hi Kaz.
when you go into reception, its actually on the 3rd floor as the hotel is on a hill and spreads down it. The rooms to my recollection start on the 4th floor. the higher the floor the better the view. you need to be on the east side (left) of the hotel for a pool view.

I hope you enjoy it. we did and go back in September
i have been told by direct hol sales staff that mytravel does not have a contract with the boug has anyone heard of this :?:
:D Hi gunner, just email them a couple of days before your due to arrive, and ask them nicely if you could request a sea view, I have always done this on behalf of my mother, and she has always got the room she has stayed in previousely (9th floor overlooking the sea)!

Ravelglen. :D - We have booked for next month with direct holidays staying at the bouganville, so I do hope they have a contract! It could be possible they have not renewed their contract for 2007, is this when you looking to book for?

Regards, BBB
bbb hope i am worng but the boug is not on any mytravel group web site for summer06 or winter 07
:D Hi ravenglen, because the bouganville is a very popular hotel, it soon becomes booked up, I know when I entered my dates again for this year (28 July), it didn't come up, yet it did for the 2 weeks later, therefore leading to my conclusion that the hotel is fully booked for those 2 weeks.

As for 2007, I have been looking for a certain accommodation in Lanzarote, but it's not coming up on their website, so I rang up, and was told that yes the accomodation we were wanting is available to book, and that not all available properties were loaded into system yet (?). I have just looked at direct holidays brochure for summer 2007, and the bouganville is advertised up until October,(and on website). if my travel had not renewed their contract, I doubt they would be advertising for next year, but I will ring and find out this afternoon, and get back to you. Regards, BBB.
:D Hi, forgot to add, my trave/direct winter hols are not available to book yet, they are available to book up until Oct 2007, but the brochure for the later dates is not available yet.
hi bbb i meant to type winter 06/07 a friend had booked jan 07 last feb i tried to book any dates from jan 07 to march 07 boug not available i then phoned dh and was told by sales person their contract was finished :(
Contract is definitely finished and all other tour operators are much more expensive. Anyone know of any (reasonably priced) options to book the hotel independently ?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.