Hi all,
The following is not meant to alarm anyone but i thought you should all know what happend to my family when i was in Florida in June.

We were staying at Calabay Parc resort, and on the first day i reported to Virgin that the front door wobbled when closed and that the safe was broken.
I had a good response and the villa management agent came around immediatley and said the following - the door was ok and I did not have to set a Pin for the safe as i could just use the key that he provided to me. Great i thought because i did not like the idea of leaving valuables laying around the villa for the Virgin welcoming leaflet stated that all valuables should be locked away.

Well after four days we returned home at 11pm to find that the door was kicked in and our safe open with everything gone including passports, and all our gifts we had bought.
I immediatley phoned the police and they arrived after 10mins.
Virgin after a few phone calls relocated us to another villa comminity but gated!

The policeman said that the door did not have a secure lock on it and the safe was inadequate as it was about 4inches from the floor and was just kicked open.
obviously i was annoyed at the lack of security and made notes.
On returning to the UK, I immediatley wrote a complaint to Virgin as my once in a lifetime holdiay had been ruined as our money was taken (incidently travel insurance did not cover more than £250), my video camera gone and no recorded memories and my children were crying at night as they believed that someone was going to break in to our villa/home.

Well anyway Virgin responded and said that they would investigate the matter. Two months later a letter arrived today and said that my experience was unfortunate and distressing and that they are looking into tightening security and that was it!!!!!

So what do i do now? Is there anyone out there who can suggest if should pursue my complaint or just lay down and take it?