Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
breast feeding
5 Posts
you would not see a turkish women do it but that is for cultural and reliious beliefs. but i dont see think it would be a problem for the turkish people for you to do it. and also if you ask in any bar and resturant there is nearly always somewhere you can go for privacy if you want it.
thanks, iv no problem breast feeding in public but dont want to upset the locals.
When we were there last year a turkish lady looked after my 5 month old daughter whilst I had a turkish bath but my daughter screamed the place down so I came out to get her and they practically ripped my bikini top off to let her feed!!! They weren't prude at all. But then again I wasn't sat with my girls flopped out on abar or anything, that might not go down so well! :D
We took our daughter when she was ten weeks and was still breast feeding - I didnt have any weird looks or comments - Done the same as would in this country ie in a bar/restaurant sit faced away from the crowd!But as you probably know once latched on most people would notice anyway - and if they do they get more embarrassed than you!! :D

One thing i noticed though - i found it hard it to to keep up with demand - Put it down the heat. Does your wee one still take from a bottle? Maybe take a bit a formula over just to top up in case

LA
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.