General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
Well I listened to Frank and gave the semis a go. I had missed some of the earlier auditions. Have to say that there were some good acts. But you think its just manipulated? Have you noticed that the act the judges like best always perform last?
I really liked the classical group though. They gave goosebumps.
Its in the script for at least 1 dance act to be in the final ;)
:yikes
Well unfortunately yet again the best act was last! It says something though about the standard tonight when the best act is 3 guys dancing in high heels :rofl :yikes
What on earth was that painting all about??
Well I thought the opera singer was the best act by a country mile, but I did have the high heel dancers as my next favourite act despite that type of act not being my style. They were so polished, must have had muscles on muscles to make it look that easy, and so deserved to go to the final. The rest of the acts were pretty mediocre, and sadly the ventriloquist blew it - I dont think anyone could understand a word of it.
His timing was really bad Frank, when he watches it back he'll be disappointed with himself.
Thought last nights line up was a deliberate ploy to ensure the opera girl got through she was head and shoulders above the rest but may have struggled in some of the other line ups.
I think you are right nick. I didn't see her in her first audition but I wasn't blown away. What is her story that they referred to?
I think the singer who gave the sob story about being dumped is on tonight.
Shake yer knees, shake yer knees, feel the breeze when you shake yer knees.
I am away behind. No idea about shaking knees :D
not keen on the boys. But I do like Lettice :)
It was a big shock when the Irish dancers ended up in the top 3. I would have put money on the Ukrainian illuminated dancers being there instead. I suppose Northern Ireland heavily supported their act. It worked out well for Lettice, since the judges choice was then between a talented violinist and yet another dance troupe, already two such acts were through to the final, so I think they made the right choice. The rapper boys were very good, all they needed to do was top 3 - the judges would have made sure they got through if they needed to.
I was shocked too at the dancers in the top 3 Frank :think but came to the same conclusion as you ;)

I was really surprised the light brigade weren't up there. But Simon pressed the golden buzzer for the young rappers so he would always have chosen them had they been in the bottom 2. I noticed that he gave them a standing ovation yet hardly bothered to clap for other contestants. Tbh I thought they were ok but nothing flash I did prefer the illuminated dancers.
the light people are not British though so shouldn't be through anyway. We seem to be a couple of years behind America's Got Talent when it comes to "original " acts. The winners last year were the same as an act in AGT and the light show is also similar to an AGT's act.
I don't think Simon will "let" another non British act win although he has outwardly pretended that he agrees with non British act.
Things worked out OK last night , not usually keen on child acts but those 2 boys are good. Slightly surprised that the Irish dance group made the top 3 but thought that the judges had blown it going to the popular vote for second place and was surprised that Lettuce came out on top in that but i was very pleased she got through and Iceburg is no longer my favourite salad dish :tongue
I expect Colabra, Lettice and the 2 young boys to be the top 3
2 out of 3 not bad Colabro were my long time favourites :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.