General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Brochure return
14 Posts
Ooh Helen No, I couldnt give them back but would happily accept 2nd hand ones. I am a serial collector of brochures . love flicking through them .
:que I never pick up a brochure, all the information and much more is available on the holiday company websites.

They should have a shop copy and that is it only, that would cut down on the massive waste.
I think the only thing it would is is bump their profits! Can you really see them dropping prices?
I don't bother with brochures half as much now that everything's on the internet. YOu get all the info (icl loads of photos) and more on the web. You can't even rely on the brochure prices.
SLIGHTLY :offtop but about a hundred years ago I was going out with a male model who used to wait with baited breath for the holiday brochures to come out so he could see where he was supposed to have been!! 2 days shooting in Spain - and magically he'd be popping up on the beach or round the pool (or in the bar) in Florida,Cyprus,Turkey................................
all the information and much more is available on the holiday company websites.

They should have a shop copy and that is it only,

but what about people who don't have internet access & many still prefer to book in the shops. There are always massive queues in the ones round here. I dread to think what it would be like if there was only one copy per shop.
Helen T wrote:
all the information and much more is available on the holiday company websites.

They should have a shop copy and that is it only,

but what about people who don't have internet access & many still prefer to book in the shops. There are always massive queues in the ones round here. I dread to think what it would be like if there was only one copy per shop.

Also sometimes I find it easier to flick through a brochure to do comparisons.

On a computer you can only look at one page at a time, and then you have to search about for other things in quite a labourious way.

Flicking back and forth is actually easier and less time consuming if you have 5 or 6 different accommodations you are trying to assess.

I agree brochures are not great for a definative price, but I think they still have value when trying to choose resorts and hotels/apartment blocks.
SLIGHTLY but about a hundred years ago I was going out with a male model who used to wait with baited breath for the holiday brochures to come out so he could see where he was supposed to have been!! 2 days shooting in Spain - and magically he'd be popping up on the beach or round the pool (or in the bar) in Florida,Cyprus,Turkey................................

lol
Its amazing how many times you see the same people in the brochures!
My Dad was once in a brochure, sat round a pool in Turkey! He had to give permition for the photo to be took!
I dont take brochures as i use internet. I would however accept 2nd hand brochure due to environmental issues. And hopefully it would cut down costs, alot of paper goin to waste. :tup :tup
I'm with you on this one lyn as must as I like to recycle and all for getting the price of the holidays down, I could not give back my brochure if it has my hotel details in. I look at the over and over again, and when dog eared enough and bored everyone to death and shown them for the umpteenth time of 'this is my hotel'm, then I have been known to get a new one..... hmmm don't get out much you know ;)
Kiltman-Graham wrote:
They should have a shop copy and that is it only, that would cut down on the massive waste.

Totally agree :tup Most of the major travel companies have e-brochures to download making paper copies more and more redundant. I have 3 or 4 brochures for reference purposes but they date back to 2005/6. Everything since then are pdf's.

Darren
Totally agree Most of the major travel companies have e-brochures to download making paper copies more and more redundant

Shops are also able to print off the relevant info, so if a customer is really wanting a paper copy they can get the relevant pages printed instead of a full brochure, i.e. Greece, Turkey or wherever or specific hotels.

Graham
If I know exactly where I want to go I always use the internet. Mostly however I spend weeks trying to even decide on a country - let alone a resort & then accommodation. I like to start off with a brochure & then move on to the internet for more detailed information, once I have narrowed my options down.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.