Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Hi FATBOY ... we have a previous topic about them HERE.

David :wave
Fatboy, We have used them several times, had no problems - other than they are slow to send out booking confirmation and tickets. We had a personal problem once, and needed to change our hotel at quite short notice. This was done for us without cost and without any problem whatsoever!!!( A quite different experience to what I read on this site with the big tour operators.) Also they don't have a call centre or use expensive 0845 numbers. The phone is answered in one or two rings or if they are busy leave a message - and they WILL ring you back!!
Denny
Hi

I used them for my holiday last year...no problems, very helpful and very good price. Tickets came 7 days before we travelled so I was a little bit worried waiting but got them in the end.

I was under the impression they did have a call centre though...?
thanks for your help denny,izitso. and david much apreciated thanks again :D :D :D
Maybe they have a call centre now, but didn't have 12 to 18 months ago when I last used them. Denny
BeattheBrochure is same company as Como Street Travel, Travelsoon, Travelox etc etc
If you complain to one of those, other company responds and eventually does not help.
They do not respond to your calls and emails.
Beware !!!! They are not package holiday !!!!!!!!!
In the event of flight being cancelled due to weather or other conditions eg. Volcanic cloud
your hotel/transfers cost are 100% lost.
They will also try to coerce you to cancel holiday yourself so that you pay the 100% cancel charge
they did not disclose to me at the time that they are obliged to amend dates of your holiday when flight was cancelled, making me believe I should just walk away without refund
They appear on web to be a large travel company
whilst they operate from one small office in Romford
understaffed and with provincial customer service
I was told that 'I am ranting ' when I asked them to amend my hoilday dates due to 'Volcanic cloud ' cancellation.
Really and truly- who needs that ?
Definitely avoid Beatthebrochure. The are also not that cheap
I feel I have to defend BTB somewhat.
I have used them several times. One year I needed to change a holiday at short notice and whilst I agree they did take sometime to get back to me, it was changed no problem.
The staff were always polite and helpful.
The fact that they operate from a small office in Kent doesn't mean that they are no good -does it?
Bear in mind that these companies have been 'run off their feet' the last week or so, and have had many irate customers phoning them.

Denny
i recently booked with beat the brochure (como travel) they booked flights through kiss and so they were lost in administration. they charged me fees to rebook and also wanted money if i cancelled the accomodation. they gave me no choice but to rebook with them. the call handler was aggressive and intimidating. after several emails and phone calls i am awaiting a £100 charges refund for all the distress they puit me through. i await the refund coming.
Hey,

I have recently booked an all inclusive holiday package with BeatTheBrochure. Their site is a little daunting as a few aspects make it seem less authenticated however the service is brilliant. I booked my holiday at 1am and 8 hours later received a phone call directly from them to confirm all the information. There was a little trouble with booking the flights due to an error my end however they were quickly on the case, booked the flights through a different airline there and then, exactly the same price except the flights are slightly earlier which was a bonus for us because it meant more hours in the sun! Confirmation emails came through very swiftly after, now waiting on the tickets but it's only been a couple of days yet so it's all good. And just to verify they are ATOL protected, many people think they're not but they are so do not fear.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.