Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
try the Arion Bay (formaly The Boat House) in Kamari
Get the First Choice book its in there but booking direct I think its about 30 euros a night BB per room and its perfect
You can e-mail the hotel for up to date prices but this time of year they might take awhile to answer
Tony is the manager heres his e-mail tonysantorini@hotmail.com
Its a great place you wont be dissapointed ask for a price for the rooms by the pool

sorry forgot to say its about a 6 euro taxi ride from the airport and its just how you describe what you want, right on the beach, small and family owned and not close to any night life but plenty of good restraunts
Seaside being one of the best and its right next door
Thanks for that TravelMandy

As I hadn't had much response to my previous posting, I have now managed to find an accomodation in Kamari, which I can book direct. It is the Acqua Vatos Hotel, not strictly a budget hotel, but still looks a great hotel for 50 euros per room.

Location sounds like it might be close by the Arion Bay.

Their website is http://www.greekhotel.com/cyclades/santorin/kamari/acqua-vatos-hotel/home.htm

Thanks for the info about taxi charges, and your comments about Kamari confirm that it's the type of resort we are looking for.

All that remains is to book flights, unfortunately all 3 airlines Thomson, XL and First Choice are coming in at over £200.

Once again, thanks for your post.
From the description I think I know where it is.
Its more in the centre of Kamari about a 10 minute walk either way (slow) The Arion Bay is at the begining of the resort and the beach (rocky) doesnt get so busy the car park it mentions is a big piece of waste land but very close to the best bakery in town. Its closer to the nightlife but late September that shouldnt be too much of a problem because its not a real heavy clubbing resort unless you go in August when all the backpackers are there. The hotel is set slightly back from the beach unlike Arion Bay which is on the beach.
We are off again hopefuly in May to the Arion I can check it out if you want?
The TESCO code will give you £20pp off XL flights if that helps
Mandy
Hi Mandy,

The reviews do look great on TA, but would be interested to hear any further comments following your hols. However, we are sure to confirm Acqua Vatos in next few days. Your tip about XL codes is invaluable.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to reply.
Have a look at this site. If you fly to heraklion there's a daily ferry.
http://www.united-hellas.com/tourism/crete/iraklio/agents.htm
I have added the Acqua Vatos Hotel to our review section HERE

If any member has stayed here, please add your review for the benefit of your fellow holidaymakers.

Thanks

Kath HT Admin
Hi Travel Mandy,
I know Tony and Elias at Arion Bay too and am planning a visit for September. Tell me the advice you gave about using the TESCO code to book flights with XL do you need any vouchers to validate it or not.

Look forward to your reply.
No just put TESCO in promo box and you get 20pp off your flight.
Elias as left now shes living in Athens.
Sorry thought you ment Elsa...Elias is still there..loll he would be he owns the place duhhh

But Tony is still there wanting his pickeld onions as per usualy. Im always scared the jar will break..lol

*edited to correct information*
Thanks Mandy,

I appreciate that. My wife and I have actually stayed at the Sweetheart appartments the last two years now but will be staying at Arion Bay from now on.

I cant wait to get out there now.
dont forget Tony's pickled onions...lol
Hi. we stayed in Kamari last year and had a lovely holiday. If you're not looking for nightlife it's just the place for you. In fact it was a little too quiet for us eventhough we went in August and we're forty somethings.
Evenings consisted of a meal and a few drinks in one of the bars. Have a great hol.
Cheers Shirley

Kamari does sound like our kind of resort!

Can I ask where you stayed? Was it DIY or Tour Op, and who did you fly with? Any restaurant recommendations?

Thanks for posting.
The BBQ place on one of the corners is very good The Seaside Taverna is excellent and there is a blue and white Taverna but I cant remeber its name that is excellent for fish
Maybe Shirley knows the name of the blue and white one
Hi again,
we travelled with Thomson and stayed at the Estia appartments(B&B). I've posted a review on this site. Can't remember what I wrote there but in hind sight it was well worth the money. The only disappointment was the breakfast as it didn't consist of very much. If all your looking for is a convenient, clean, friendly base then I'ds recommend these appartments. We trawled through many websites and brochures before we came up with this value for money place.

As for restaurant recommendations, I can't really give you any as we didn't have a bad meal in one. We tried differnet ones most nights (plenty of choice). The only tip I can give you is have a look at the menus displayed outside as the prices do vary and the most expensive are no better than the average priced ones.

If you decide to holiday in Kamari I'm sure you'll have a great holiday. All the best, Shirley.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.