Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Buses
10 Posts
Debgreg they pass out side every 10 mins you dont need to be at a bus stop just put your hand out and they will stop for you ..we love the bus there is nothing like it its brill ...colleen
hi the bus on the midus touch side of the road will take you to candolim
Betim (Get off there for free ferry across to panjim center) Panjim bus station
The opposite side of the road nizmar side takes to Baga Arpora Mapusa
sharon
Staying at the Marinha Dourada in March 2009 and very keen to use the buses next year as we would like to visit the South under our own steam. Stayed there earlier this year and did not take much notice of bus routes.

Any advice appreciated.
Goadreamer you can get the free shuttle bus from the M/D to Baga beach, it leaves the M/D hourly from 9 or 10 am. There is a bus terminus with plenty of buses from there. There is a bus stop in Apora village were you can get the bus to Mapsua ( you can take the shortcut to Apora village through the woods at the back of the M/D)......Keith
Best way from the North to the South, is to get bus to Betim/Panjim (as mentioned above), then Express Bus from Panjim to Margao from where buses go to most places in the South.
Thanx everyone, I have beeen busy with Xmas stuff and I am now also trying to pack, I will be glad when we're on the bus to the airport :cheers
How long approx would it take to get to the South on a bus? and also the cost?

I have always wanted to travel down to the South for a day, but i am not keen on sleeping in those beach huts :rofl , even though they are really nice. Maybe because last year i had terrible nightmares about sleeping on the beach and the tide came really close and drowned us :cry
it took us approx 40 mins on the express bus from panjim to margoa and cost 19 rupees everyone gets a seat there is no standing and as soon as one bus fills up another one pulls in behind it anita woody
that isn't too bad then, thankyou :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.