Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
ButterchickenGirl great report, :tup thankyou for taking the time to write it, i enjoyed it, we have had problems with flight attendants not wonting to give you a drink,we are flying with kingfisher next time, i surpose it is even more annoying when you do the same job for a living and know how it should be done. :cheers Gel
Loved reading this especially your name for Dabolim!

Diabolic was quiet
:rofl
ButterChickenGirl great report ,good reading them all when having missed a season, Nov will soon be here :)
annx
Very well written and entertaining!

Why do you say its your last time?
BCG

Great report and i agree with most of your experiences with restaurants but have you ever seen OUR FRED the comedian all the way through his act ? well you should he has some great party pieces and he has a fantastic voice, he is good entertainment if
it was him you were supposed to be watching.

Glad you had a good holiday

Mike
I think it's going to be our last time as we never intended to go to the same place more than once, but the Goa bug just had us in its grip, so we are trying out different places from now on. Though, when we have children we would both like to take them to Goa.
I didnt see 'Our Fred' as our meal had finished by the time he was on his 3rd 'joke', but we both did say he had a lovely singing voice, just the jokes were a bit thin on the ground, at one point we saw tumbleweed...but that may have had something to do with making a quip about women when most of the customers were of the female species. Haha, never seen so many, so quiet.

We also went to chocolatti twice for breakfast, I had scones and ginger tea, and the OH had the chocolate brownie with some darjeeling, then the 2nd time, I had a panini, with a ginger lime fizz, which I want to know how to recreate, and he had the ice cream float and choc cake...yum!!
Was a bit sad to see they were closing early for the season, their last day was yesterday, it was that quiet.

Also we did actually give something to the beggars, re: the other thread. It was the elderly gent with the woman, they just stood there in front of the shack staring at me, it made me feel so sad that old people were made to do this, when they should be taken care off. We didn't have anything less than a 500 roop note, so OH gave them 100 roop later on in the day when he saw them again. I know you are going to say ''100 roop!!! thats far too much'', but not to me it wasnt, even if they were getting pimped out by someone, At least they may have got enough of the cut for food...im a sucker for a sob story...Which is why it started to get on my nerves..everyone there has a sob story..its getting too much.
Im glad you liked reading it, took me agaes to write lol.

Im actually going back there today in a few hours with work, i'll be nice and jetlagged for sure in a few days.

Happy easter HT.
Nice report,if you are in the Full Moon ar Joets tomorrow,i'll buy you a drink.

John
Great report.Interesting to read about your flight experience with FC.We mostly use FC/Thomson(now Thomson Fly)and always upgrade to premium.This year we were on an ex FC plane with the aircraft and crew not yet swapped over to the Thomson livery.I have to say that apart from the 24 hour delay the fligh crews could not have been better.Particularly on the return leg which was more like a party atmosphere.I have never seen a flight crew just "click" like that and give such a superb cusomer service experience.

A few years ago we were on a Mytravel flight again premium but the crew were just not interested.Everyone has bad days at work but in a job like cabin crew it impacts on the customer so much and you never forget it.

Interested to know who you are crew with although I understand if you want to keep that to yourself.

Hope you have a good trip.

Papa
I enjoyed reading your report. Any ideas where you are going to holiday next?
We have hols booked to Morocco in June, and then Sharm in April, but aside from that we quite fancy somewhere else in Asia, we're still deciding though.
Papa, I work for Thomas Cook Airlines...but please don't shout at me if you've had a bad experience with them,as Ive just stumbled through the door from Goa, and am shattered haha
Butterchickengirl , I was impressed by TC airlines when I used them in March , would not hesitate to use them again although I have to say we usually use F Choice and have had good experiences with them too.
Butterchickengirl ,

you are a hero for posting so soon after that journey.

Papa
Ai, and it was such a busy flight, I was in premium and haven't stopped.... our wake up from the hotel was half eleven last night uk time...gosh Im tired haha.
were you on the Manchester TCX today?, my sister was on it
I know 3 people that were on your flight,although they were due to fly out on Monday, they somehow managed to miss the flight.Even though we are only 10 minutes from Dabolim.Luckily i managed to get them seats the following day.

John
Great report BCG. I agree with you about Inferno. Ive been once, found it very average and wont return.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.