Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
We stay in the north and last year a friend of ours asked us to get some beads for them, we got them in Mapsua market.I could'nt believe the number of different types. As you are staying in the south maybe it would be worth having a look at visiting Margoa which i think is the main market in the south, hopefully 1 of the members who stay in the south will be able to advise you..Keith
Hi i am going into margoa in the beginning of january to the dentist i was going to have a look around the market, i will let you know when i get back if they have any nice beads there. Is it only beads or do you wont sequins as well :?: :)
Thank you very much that would be great! I am just looking for beads, I make jewellery & I believe there are some godd beads, which come from India, particularly the foil lined ones.

Have a great trip
Vickie
Hi Vickie no problem now i know what you wont them for will keep my eyes open for them. 8) :)
I use a shop in Margao called Queen's Corner. It is on the south side of the new market and is set back from the road. They have a huge range of beads etc and I find them very helpful Hope you can find it.just ask if necessary.
Thanks green.eyed.lady, that would be great.

I would be interested to know what else they have on offer at the market.

I presume you have to barter?

Is it open every day?

Thanks Vickie
Hi Cocopop

Now I am excited - a whole bead shop (we beadies are sad!) Are you a beadie too?

Do you barter there or is it fixed price?
What sort of beads do they sell?
In what sort of quantities? Singles?

Thanks for the help
Vickie
Hi Vickie
They sell all sorts of beads by the "egg cup" measure! I am not a beadie but I make cards so I buy sequins and motifs to decorate the cards. It is a fascinating shop selling all sorts of things to decorate fabrics often for weddings and embroidery silks, thread ....an amazing selection. I hope you find what you are looking for. There are many little shops in Margao that sell similar things but i think this one has the best selection.
Cocopop
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.