Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Best to buy in UK. You may find the model you are looking for cheaper, but for peace of mind stay away from the camera shops.
I talk from experience.
I'm afraid that I would agree with that.
At the very least get all the info before you leave home.
Maya in Las Americas should be safe. If you'r offered a deal which is too good to be true-you'r been robbed!
Regards,
Billyboy.
as above, don't even look in the windows of these shops, just walk on by.
Smurf1873 wrote:
can anyone recommend reputable retailers ?
Yes, Dixons, Argos, Jessops... all in the UK obviously; I wouldn't go anywhere near the electrical shops in the Canaries. Amazon often have slightly better prices than high-street retailers and delivery is usually free.
I've bought my last two cameras from Dixons duty free at the airport and was more than happy with the price.If you do buy in Tenerefe watch out for pricey extras they'll try to sell you!
Don't! Even reputable shops are dearer than online in the UK. If you buy and get stung it could ruin your trip.
Thanks all , i completely forgot i can shop duty free at the airport (been that long since i went to Tenerife !!) i'll have a look round when i get to the airport.
Many Thanks :tup
great, we have saved another lost sole to these shops :tup
Hardly saved , i said i had read all the posts regarding the don'ts of buying a camera - i only asked if there were any reputable dealers on Tenerife , it would appear that their isn't :(
i know you only asked, and we only adviced
Thanks for saving my soul anyway .........................
There are a few reputable leccy retailers in Tenerife (I would recommend Visanta) but mostly down to the strength of the Euro (or should that be the weakness of the pound?), the UK is your best bet. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.