EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
I have property in Estepona and I love it. I do not know the agents you mention. I would reccommend that you go to Estepona and see what is available as there is a lot of newbuild going on. one thing I would point out is to be aware of the fact that Estepona is in 2 parts. There is Estepona district and Estepona town. Estepona district stretches about 16 Kilometers along the coast between Manilva district and Marbella district. Some of the urbanizations can be miles from anywhere. Personally I prefer to be in the town where everything is in walking distance. There are a number of newbuilds going on near the port and I would suggest you look at them. Estepona is very quiet and it is NOT filled with British bars, although there are 1 or 2. Good luck with your search. I certainly love it
Have a look at http://www.manilvalife.com and try posting there for info.

Alan
Hi, thanks both for your replies. Found both very helpful. Still trawling the net for ideas of properties! Just wondering if you bought your property recently or have you been there a while? did you use an agent and would you recommend this or not?
Thanks v much again
punkido x :D[/img]
I bought my house 10 years ago. I found it by going to Estepona and looking. It was being sold privately and therefore I save on agents fees etc. Whether or not to use an agent is a personal decision. If you don't want. or have, the time to invest personally looking then an agent seems logical. Again, buying new or second hand is a personal decision. The one thing I would STRONGLY reccommend is getting your own solicitor. If ypu wish I can PM you the name and address of mine, but I will not be offended if you prefer to find your own. Another consideration is community fees. These vary considerably. Usually they are based on the size of your property but, not neccesserally. For a 2 bedroomed propert they can vary from about £500 a year to over £1500 a year. Good luck
Hi, thanks for your advice. If you dont mind would you send me your solicitors details? That would be very useful. I am new to this, so I hope I dont sound too dim but how do you get my email address!!!! As never had a pm before! Please let me know. All the Best
Punkido :oops:
To send a PM there is a button on every page with (would you believe it ) PM on it. It should be just about below here
I didn't quite get that right. I have sent you PM you should see at the top of the page a heading saying that you have 1 new message. Just click on that to receive it. I am in Scotland just now and I am unable to find a copy of my lawyer address. I apologise. If you can wait till August I am goint to Estepona for 2 weeks and I'll get it then. In the meantime I'll search the net for it
I cannot find his address or phone no. but if you want it before August I can phone a neighbour and get it for you. Whilst looking I discovered this map of Estepona http://www.estepona.ws/district/ The town lies between E and I .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.