Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
I think every optician in Thailand ha s permanent '50% sale Now On'. :)

I buy the frames and lenses separately. If you dont want a brand name on the side of your frame but you want titanium or other nice frames then head across the footbridge from MBK to Siam Square and look around the small studenty shops at the end of the footbridge. You'll find very good frames for 2500 - 3000 baht. Then head to any optician and get them to make the lenses in your frames. This takes about an hour to 3 hours depending on the type of frame. Lenses for rimless frames take longer to make. You can choose the different coatings you want on the lense etc.
Had mine done in Krabi...very impressed...when frame broke replaced free of charge. For the first time did not have any coatings...best move I've made as in the past the coatings always seemed to come off or go foggy.
sounda a bit pricey to me Mac, when in the Uk u can pick up designer frame from between £75 to £125 on a two for One basis at Specsavers for example.

Ill see how it goes next week, thanks anyway
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.