Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
We are about to leave for our 4 trip to Jamaica. (Flight out tomorrow morning at 9:30 am!!!)

Sunscreen in Jamaica is more expensive and don't always have the brands you are use to.

We pack 1 bottle of sunscreen for every 2 days plus one extra. That is 8 bottles plus two bottle of aftersun. We lotion up several times a day, never burn and come back with lovely tans.

I have learned to always pack my own and leave out the loads of clothes and shoes I will not wear! One time we ran out and I had to buy sunscreen and my husband had a horrible reaction to the sunscreen and we had to see the doctor!!

This year I have 15 kg per person. 3 people for a total of 45 kg. I have just weighed my suitcases and it comes to 40kg. It CAN be done. Really.... fewer clothes, more sunscreen. It also gives you more weight to bring back gifts!!!

I don't know about Sunset. But, most of the larger resorts have a shop.
Charlene,

Dont know anything about your resort, but why dont you buy your sunscreens at the airport after security, take it on board as hand luggage, it will be far cheaper here in the UK and you get the brand you like, as you've bought it after checkin and security it does'nt count weight wise for hand luggage.

Angie.
Thanks for both replies. I was shopping at the weekend and ended up buying ambre solaire from tesco as it ws only £5 per bottle. So, I'm defi taking with me. I might get some more after security at the airport and take it on as hand luggage though :) Also, if i'm looking for a lower factor, I will buy some at the shop in the hotel.

6 weeks today (and counting) - I cant wait!! :cheers
We spent a fortune on sun lotion in Jamaica by not taking enough particularly enough higher factor, ambre solaire is great, make the most of the offer, did us well this year in Cyprus!
Just a hint..... GET HIGH FACTOR!!!!! You will STILL tan with a high factor. We used mostly 50 and 30 factor when in Jamaica and always come back with lovely tans and no burns.
couldn't agree more, we used factor 30 ( our 8yr old factor 50 ) whilst in jamaica and came back a fabulous colour.
You really cannot underestimate the power of the jamaican sun.
have fun !
We've been to Mexico and Dom Rep before so we know it's hot hot hot. Hubby is on the factor 40 all hoilday and I dont ever drop any lower than a Factor 15 (and thats only in the last couple of days).

3 weeks on Sunday :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.