Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Cairo flights
13 Posts
You need to look online for Egypt Air schedules, and book locally.

I would avoid Thursday and Friday. Thursday night is like our Friday and Saturday nights, as many are not at work on Fridays. It is really good to stay overnight, overlooking the Nile, and having dinner on a boat. Cairo traffic is so busy, it spoils a one day trip, being pressured to get to the airport.
On the contrary.... Fridays are a good day to visit as the roads, especially in the morning, are much much quieter.
swiss is it worth a trip up to your hotel while we are in sharm ,would strangers be welcome ,how long does it take from sharm to there etc
I have managed to get good flights from Sharm to Cairo but the latest flight I can get back from Luxor to Sharm is 1835 and I would rather a later flight, does anybody know any websites for internal flights apart from Egyptair?
Only EgyptAir offer scheduled domestic flights.

As for Luxor - Sharm flights, EgyptAir only have 3 flights a week. Two depart Luxor at 22:40 and the third at 08:25. From September EgyptAir Express will start 3x weekly flights that will depart Luxor at 19:45. So it all depends on your travel dates...
Thanks for that Vyker I will go and book the flights I've found. There must be limited availability over Xmas as the only day I can get morning flights (0700) and back on the same day (1835) is the 25th. On dates when there is a later flight home (2230) there is no flight in the morning :? So I guess we are in for a busy day :wink: ) Thanks again.
No problem 'tightjock'. Just to let you know that according to the date you said (25/12) you'll be on a B737-500 which is a small 106 seater aircraft. The aircraft interiors are slightly worn out now but still a perfectly safe aircraft to fly and since it's such a short flight its not an issue. Try to reserve seats in row 20 or 21 which are the first 2 rows of economy (unfortunately you cannot reserve the emergency exit seats online)
Thanks Cairo on the 22nd and Luxor on the 25th are now booked I will no go back to the booking and request row 20 or 21 8) Thanks again :-)
Which flights are you on for the Sharm-Cairo-Sharm sectors. I hope you chose the new EgyptAir Express flights on the brand spanking new aircraft they get over the summer...
Sorry, Black, did nt see your posting before now...

All are always welcome... the stranger you are the better ! :lol:

But whether it's worth it or not, you really gotta ask Sheba as she did make the trip.
I'm not sure Vyker I just booked on the Egyptair website I googled when I was trying to find later flights for Luxor but I couldn't find an Express site.
Hey tightjock, yes the website doesn't differeniate between the normal and the express flights. If you tell me your flight numbers (dates not needed), I can let you which ones you'll be on.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.