Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
aslemma,

You may be struggling there as most of the main scheduled carriers only fly between Cairo and Tunis, Monastir is really a holiday destination so airlines don't fly between Cairo and Monastir. You're probably going to have to go via a hub in europe, I don't think you'll find any direct flights. For example Egyptair between Cairo and Malta (Luqa) and Sevenair between Luqa and Monastir. There are other options, but that's one to look at.

Daren
Thanks Dazbo. I know it's not going to be straightforward. I'm quite happy to fly into or out of Tunis rather than Monastir, and don't mind which leg of the trip I do first, but I really want a one-way ticket into either Tunis or Cairo, a one-way ticket between the two and a one-way ticket back to the UK. A friend of mine is flying out from Scotland tomorrow and is incorporating a trip to Cairo which she has got for about 180 dinars return but I don't want to factor in more flights than necesary, I've got time so I'll talk it over with her when we meet up in October but I wondered if there were any companies who could put it together for me.
Depends on the time of year and how flexible you are. A multicity ticket with Turkish Airlines (routing via Istanbul) into Cairo and out of Tunis would cost around 450-500 pounds return from Heathrow.(including the Cairo/Tunis sector)

Nivsy
Thanks Nivsy. At present I'm only looking for suggestions and that does look quite pricey, especially as I would have to add in the flight from Cairo to Tunis. At those prices it would probably be cheaper to book return London/Tunisia, which is rarely more than £170, then book a cheap return Tunis/Cairo, probably when I'm in Tunisia.
Yeah that is an idea. The Cairo/Tunis flight is included in the fligh price quoted.
Thanks again. As I mentioned a friend of mine is doing something similar next week but she is taking a week out from her apartment in Sousse and taking a return trip to Tunis/Cairo before returning to Scotland. She will be back in Sousse when I go out in October so I'll be able to find out how it went.
I've done a bit of checking and Opodo do multi-destinations. I can book from Gatwick to Cairo, Cairo to Tunis a week later and return Tunis/Gatwick. If I win the lottery this might be an option but it is coming up at over £800 so I think not!! On the other hand I can get a return Tunis/Cairo for £168 (plus fees whatever they are) so it would be a lot cheaper to get a return flight Gatwick/Tunis and go to Cairo either at the beginning or end of my holiday. Time is on my side luckilly.
Aslemma,

What are your dates and preferred routing....and what is the price Gatwick-Tunis-Gatwick?
I assumethe £186- needstobe added to the return Gatwick-Tunis-Gatwick sector.

Nivsy
Hi Nivsy, At the moment I'm thinking of early/mid March though I'm fairly flexible. I've had a look at the BA site and around that time flights LGW/TUN are showing at £135 which is excellent. The return Tunis/Cairo is showing at £168 and it seems as if I could fly direct to Tunis, catch the Cairo flight the same day, stay a week, fly back to Tunis, transfer to Sousse with a2b transfers (£17 return) and spend a week in Sousse before flying home. Quite a difference to the price quoted by Opodo. I've had a look at flying direct to Cairo first but it is more expensive and limited direct flights.
It's looking quite good now if I travel in March rather than April. BA return Gatwick/Tunis Friday 18th March £135, arrive 12.55, night in hotel with Lowcost £26, Fly Tunis Air to Cairo on Saturday 19th £168.77, returning to Tunis 26th March and flying back from Tunis on 2nd April. A total of £303.77 which is over £500 cheaper than booking a muilti-trip with Opodo and flying back from Tunis and ony just over £30 dearer than a direct flight Heathrow/Cairo with BMI.
Sounds like a winner to me....well done.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.