Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
There are lots of bars/restaurants in Cala Bona & Cala Millor catering for British holidaymakers. In Cala Bona we normally use Smugglers Bar & London Inn but there are plenty more to choose from.

There are a few arcades in Cala Bona and on an area of unbuilt ground next to Crazy Corner a kiddies play area with trampolines, small rides and bouncy castle type things.

We normally use either the beach in front of the Levante or the one further down towards Cala Millor, past Burger King in front of Supermarket Paula - the sea is quite calm there and you can walk a fair way out before it deepens. The beaches in Cala Millor tend to be 'cleaner' looking as they don't get so much sea weed down that end as you get in Cala Bona.

It's a nice safe family friendly resort, if you're out on a night you feel safe and there are no lager louts to worry about.

I went to Cala Bona as a child and made a return visit with our eldest son in 1999 and have been going back pretty much every year since with our twins who are now 6. They absolutely LOVE both resorts. This year we're staying in Cala Bona but it's just a quick stroll along the promenade into Cala Millor - sure it's hard to know where one starts and the other finishes they just seem to merge into one resort.

Only 23 more sleeps till we go and we can't wait! Tis
Hi Kerri, I agree with everything tisonlymoi has said. With regards to the start/end of the two resorts, there are fishes (if I remember correctly!!) on the pavements showing when you are in Cala Millor rather than Cala Bona.

tisonlymoi/calabonagirl: As a newbie just wanted to say thanks for all the helpful posts you both make. I've read a lot of them and they're really helpful.

Louise
Aww thanks Louise!

And you're right the fishes are on the pavement along the promenade in Cala Millor and they stop as you hit Cala Bona hence the little ditty "Cala Millor fishes galore, Cala Bona fishes gonna"

I always forget to check at exactly what point the fishes stop/start - perhaps I'll do that this year, I've been meaning to do it for years but have never got round to it!

I just love the place, if I had the money I'd move there in a heartbeat, as it is whenever we go I always feel like I'm going home and I have to be dragged screaming and kicking onto the plane home. I have a right gob-on!

Tis
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.