Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Meli's is good and where my boyfriend has taken me (which I always see as a good sign as he's spanish, and lives in Cala Bona, so would know the good places from the bad!), its between the Levante and the Cala Bona hotels overlooking the sea.

If you want an English atmosphere then the London Inn is good and usually has entertainment on in an evening. On the front walking towards Cala Millor, there's a really nice english cafe that does sandwiches and cakes, and their milkshakes are fab.

There's also a chinese buffet restaurant on one of the back streets (Carrer de Llambies, I think) which I've been too a couple of times, and a Spanish restaurant on the same road which is nice.

Louise
thank you louise this should give us some ideas when we visit in july, so nice of you to take the time to replyxxph :cheers
Anytime.

I think some of the restaurants/cafe's around the harbour are good as well, but I've not eaten in them myself, just overheard others talking.

Louise
We used Argos Bar a few times last year (situated on the front by the pebble beach before the harbour actually starts) and couldn't complain. Didn't rate Smugglers Bar at all, we'd been going there for a few years but last year our one meal there was so awful we never went back. Janet & John's at the harbour always seems to be busy, Smithy's on the corner the same altho' we found them expensive.

Cheers Bar in Cala Millor (walk along the front till you get to Burger King and turn right up road, it's a couple of blocks up but you are guaranteed freshly cooked delish food and a warm welcome from Kev)!

The Chinese buffet is on Calle Na Llambies (the back road between Cala Bona and Cala Millor) and just opposite the Don Jaime Hotel you'll find C'an Jimmy's (grill restaurant) which tends to attract a lot of local custom.

If you want a canny sarnie at lunch time - on Calle Na Llambies (sandwiched between Hotel Atolon's annexe and Hotel Temi) you'll find Supermercardo C'an Pedro - pedro makes a mean sarnie to order (choice of 3 buns) and Eileen, his English wife is just lovely!

Hope you have a fab time, we're not going this year and I am GUTTED!
thanks tisonlymoi i will take a note of your reccomendations and see if we like them as much as you do.x pity your 're not going this year but the way the euro is you may have made a good decision, we booked last august. thanks louise for your post too.xxphxx
Got to agree with Louise, most of the restaurants around the harbour are good, we really like Es Molet nice fish. The London bar is good for entertainment but the prices are a bit higher than other bars. Smithys is ok if you want English food. Where are you staying? We will be in the cala bona hotel 7th-14th july.might see you there :cheers :cheers :tup
thanks majorcagirl we will be in calabona 9th july so you never know ..we staying at levante park xxphxx
I agree that Melis's by the harbour serves very good value for money food, and Miguel serves the best sangria on the island. Xaloc (next door) is excellent for steaks and more up market meals, but can be expensive (especially in view of the exchange rate). Chiri's on the other side of the harbour serves wonderful pizza's and superb flambe banana's.
Vell Marie & Papparazi (by the harbour) are also super little restaurants serving good food at reasonable prices, try the lamb at vell marie - delicious!

A good place to eat in Cala Millor is called "Ses Pruneres Del jever Kate" which is on the first or second road as you walk from Cala Bona - it's a great little place serving wonderful pasta & pizza's at a reasonable price.

We really like the area and look forward to spending more time there in the future.

:sun2
thank you kryten lots of info on restaurants for us to try, xphx :tup
We are staying in Sa Coma for a few days in June so we will definitely visit Cala Bona to try some of the restaurants mentioned. Sadly, Sa Coma isn't renowned for its eateries :rofl .
hava good holiday pargava let us know what you find and enjoyxphx
Have a great time Parga - I am jealous, we're not going out this year and I am GUTTED!
Hiya Tis. Nice to hear from you. Me and my best friend are going out for 4 days minus kids and hubbies
:sun2 :yipee.
We did the same thing last year (when there was 4 of us) but never left Sa Coma. This year we intend to walk into Cala Millor and Cala Bona to try some bars and restaurants. Can't wait!! Sorry you aren't going to Majorca this year; are you going anywhere else? I know a lot of people are giving the Eurozone a miss but I love Majorca and Greece so that's where I'll be going :D .
Hi Tis and Parga :wave:
We are returning to Cala bona for our 5th visit.
Really looking forward to our holiday.....just got to wait 11 weeks thougfh !
Hope you both are ok x
lou26chris, we will be at the cala bona hotel 7th july-14th. when are you there? Have you been on the cala bona web site. You can read all the reviews on the hotel.
Hi Lou
I'm fine thanks; hope you are too. Unfortunately, we are only there for 4 days (this is just a girly break). We are off to Greece for our main holiday in August. My hubby is not a fan of Majorca (and definitely not Sa Coma) so I tend to go with friends :cheers .
hi all
Yes im good thanks !
we are flying out 30th july for 2 weeks ......yipeee !!
lots of sun sea and sangria !!!
It is such a lovely feeling to think we wasn't going to return this year due to work commitments but we have managed to book !!!!!!!!!!

Majorcagirl it is our 5th visit to the bonamar, we LOVE it there and Cala bona !!!!!!!!!!
Enjoy and look forward all !!!
xx
Thank you for the recommendations! We will be trying them out next week.
Lou/Parga - hubby lost his job a couple of weeks into the New Year so was rather glad we hadn't booked but now he's working again I am itching to go! We're going to Berwick for a week - don't think I'll see sunshine and palm trees there but the kids are looking forward to it. The problem with going back year in year out, you know what you're missing when you don't go and that kind of makes it harder!

Have chosen apartments for next year, just waiting for flights to come out and I'll be booking straight away. Hope you all have FAB holidays! x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.