Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi Tis

Welcome back, we have missed you.

I havent been in May, but have been a couple of times in late august. The weather is great and still busy but not manic. We noticed some of the shops have sales etc so we have grabbed some bargains

HTH
Biff
Hi Tis, long time no post!!! Cala Millor is lovely any time (of course) easyjet have put summer 08 from NCL on sale I am fixed up for june with jet2. May can be iffy weather wise and August is just toooo hot and busy. I have been no help have I? I am going to Edinburgh today for a few days Xmas shopping so look forward to hearing from you on my return.CBG
Hya Bif - awww that's nice of you to say!

Hya CBG - I think we'll be going with Jet2 too (used them from LBA in 2005 and they are cheaper than Easyjet which is good too.

I'm swaying more towards August BUT the downside is we'll be coming home and getting the winter woolies on as soon as we land virtually :( May at least we have the summer (ha ha) ahead.

Decisions Decisions!
I go to Mallorca about five times a year and usually last week of May and July /August. The May hols have been a bit hit and miss weather wise the last couple of years. At that time of year there are no real guarantees with the weather and the larger pools may not yet have got enough heat to be nice and warm. I would still go in May mainly because I have the choice to go quite a lot but if my choice was between May and August I would DEFINETLY go for August, no contest regarding the reliability of the weather. The last week of May ( if you mean half term week) is also the most expensive week of the year for flights.
Hi Everyone - well I opted for May/June in the end - flights were only £100 more expensive and our accomodation was cheaper so no real difference in price and we've managed to get 2 weeks for the 5 of us for just over a grand which is fab.

What eventually swung it for me was the thought of coming back first week in September and going straight into my winter woollies at least May we'll have the summer ahead (ha ha) and my tan won't have to be hidden under layers of clothing (she says hopefully).

I think if we'd had fab weather out there last summer I may have swung more to August but TBH the weather was pretty pants - we'd gone at the end of the heatwave and there was only a handful of days when we didn't have rain at some point during the day.

If it's a disaster we'll go back to August holiday but we'll start praying now for an early heatwave the first 2 weeks in June :D if you can all join in I'd be most grateful! :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.