Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Cala Millor
8 Posts
We stayed at the Atalaya apathotel.Plenty of hotels catering for the Brits around.Also in Cala Bona which there seems to be more British than other nationalities.In the Floriana resort it was mainly German.In the Bahia Azul apartments which is part of the Floriana,mainly British.
Check out the Hotel reviews,Plenty of info in there. :wave:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/balearic-islands/mallorca/
  • Edited by Biff 2008-03-08 19:56:49
    link to reviews added
We stayed at the Cristina Apartments last year. I would say it was 80% Brits (you can book them independently so there were a few other nationalities) and everyone very really friendly. We found them to be brilliant and had a fab time. The apartments are about a 10-15 min walk to/from the shops and beach and set in a quiet residential area. Entertainment was good. We've been looking at returning again this year.

Sarah :)
We stay at the Hotel Talayot which is on the border of Cala Millor/Cala Bona, it is a really friendly hotel and all English I think. It is right on the sea front.
Sue
Hi fenderman,
We are booked to stay at the Atalaya apts in Cala Millor on the 31st August for 11 nights. Have never been to the east of the island, only north and south in Magalluf Palma Nova Alcudia and Santa Ponsa. We love Majorca and thought we would try the East.

Are the apartments nice, and are they central. I have heard mixed feelings about the resort but I am open minded, after Magalluf anywhere is ok with us. We actually like Magalluf but the last time we went about 3 years ago, it was getting more rough with hen and stag parties weekends.

Is Cala Millor a lot quieter or about same? We like something going on and a good shopping centre during the day. Looking on the net, it looks a nice shopping area with a pedestranised centre, that sounds nice.

Shirley
Bongo, Cala Millor is quiet compared to Magalluf, lots of families and different nationalities just mix along together. The pedestrianised shop area is lovely to walk on a evening after spending the day on the beach. Your apartments are right in the centre, and should be good as they are Protur, we are staying at Protur Palmeras Playa Sa Coma in June. I am sure you will have lovely time. CBG
Hi Shirley,
The apartments are nice and set back from from the main shopping thoroughfare.plenty of shopping there for the ladies.the apartments were spacious with air cond .There's a 24 hour reception.I think there's two buildings.We were on the top floor with a great view of the sea off the balcony,I think it was the 9th floor. Protur own them and always had a good holiday in their hotels.
It's about a ten minute stroll if that down to beach past the horse drawn cabs.If you turn left past the horses,you head towards Cala Bona,There's a great promenade going up to Cala Bona with plenty of shops,restaurants and bars along the way.
It's really easy to visit other resorts such Sa Coma,S'illiot and Porto Cristo where the Caves Of Drach are.There's a road train that runs between the resorts too.
It is nothing like Magaluff,It's a lot more relaxed.There's plenty of entertainment to be found if you want it.There's even a bowling alley in a basement bar on the front just near the KFC.
I do prefer the Cala Bona end though that's just my personal choice.Lovely harbour at Cala Bona with some lovely restaurants.
Other members on here do not like the Safari park.I've never been there but i'd give it a miss.
We're at the Cala Bona hotel from the 31st of July for two weeks. :sun2 ks
Have a great holiday
Fm
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.