Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Cala Millor
7 Posts
There is a bit of land that sticks out into the sea. If you walk along the Cala Millor beach (heading in the Sa Coma direction), you will come to a sandy track, just follow the path and there is a place on the left that looks ideal for fishing, can't miss it. Also if you continue on the path there is a little castle that sells refreshments. At the castle you can follow the main path right through to Sa Coma, if you look for a lesser worn path at this point you can get down to the otherside to the waters edge, takes a bit of doing on this side as it's not as accessible, best to check this side out without all your gear first. Also checkout the coast past Cala Bona.
Alan

Just a word of warning. Strictly speaking, you are meant to have a licence to fish. How rigorously this is controlled I cannot say. There was another thread on fishing (and licences) some while back lurking in the archives on this forum.
last year a few people fished around the marina at cala bona with success, though watch out for the greedy cormarant!

where abouts are you staying, as we were there last august. might be able to point you in right direction for food etc....

mark
I have been going to Spain and the balearics for over 30 years now and always take my rods. I had not heard about the need for a licence until I saw the other thread mentioned above. However in all that time I have never been asked for a licence whilst fishing despite being passed by the police on numerous occassions. The harbour at Cala Bona is a good place to fish.

To be honest I would have thought that if the Authorities were serious about these licences that they would be advertised and promoted in the fishing tackle shops where you buy your bait!
I'd never thought it an issue until someone living here was asked to produce a licence. Don't think it's a police matter but one for the authority which looks after the coasts and ports.

You'd probably be unlucky to get "done" (and even then it would probably be no more than a ticking-off), but a licence is meant to be a requirement. I certainly agree though, Hi De Hi - they don't publicise the fact, so I don't see how they can be too zealous in stopping people when there's nothing to say otherwise.
I don't no about the laws , but we were staying in Cala Bona last week and lots of people were fishing off the beach and the bit that sticks out outside our Hotel . The Alicia.
This was taken early on the morning we returned home so not many people about .
But you can see what I mean.
I don't no if you no the area but Cala Bona and Cala Millor are together.
I never did work out where one finished and the other one started. :lol:
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9500/07156kt3.th.jpg
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.