Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Cala n Bosch
16 Posts
Hi Rachw. Cala'n Bosch is a lovely resort. I was there 5 years ago and am due to go again in August this year. We are going to the Paradise Club Apartments this time, which I booked through Direct Holidays (after lots of research!). I found that this was the cheapest option as I wanted self catering and the hotels website http://www.marhotels.com was only giving prices for half board (not sure if this is the same now) and it was much more expensive. I also looked at the macarella which you can book through Thomson and this was loads more too. You can look at their website to book direct http://www.grupotel.com but again I found this to be a much more expensive option. Direct Holidays was by far cheaper when I booked, however, I've noticed that for 2009 they only give an option for 2 ad and 2 ch in a 2 bed apartment, not a 1 bed as we have booked and this obviously works out more expensive. If you check their website the prices don't show a free child place but they are available if you phone them. Finally, one thing that was mentioned on the reviews about the apartments is that Paradise Club tends to have a more British based clientele whereas the Macarella is more 'German' but from what I understand more 'upmarket'. If I'd have been booking for just myself and my husband and money was no object I'd have probably gone for the Macarella, but with a 3 and 7 year old to entertain I felt that the Paradise Club will be more suitable. Just hope I've got it right! I'll be able to tell you more after August (12 weeks and 3 days to go :cheers ). Kind regards, Nic.
Thanks very much Nic, your advice is much appreciated. I will have a look on the websites you have suggested. I would love to know what you think about the Paradise club after your August stay.

Hope you enjoy!
Just to add both of these apartments appear on sites like Travel Republic, Low Cost Beds, Alpha Rooms etc. but not until a few months after I booked (August 07). It still worked out more expensive than the package with Direct though.

Let us know if you book anything.
Hi - we have just booked Paradise Club through Direct Holidays for August next year and phoned them direct to get the free child price. Looked long and hard at most of the accommodation in this resort but feel these were best suited for myself, DH and children.

Ali x
Hi all

thanks very much for your advice - we have now booked the Paradise Club for next August for 2 weeks through Direct Line as you suggested (much appreciated!)- got a good deal including a free child place, B&B and daytime flights from our local airport. Can't wait!!!

thanks again

Rachel and family

:sun2
That's great! Hope you have a fab time when it comes around. Hopefully I'll have lots of positive things to report back to you upon my return at end of August. Just out of interest, which type of room have you booked and did it cost much more for B&B?
Hi

I booked a 1 bed apartment (all the 2 beds were fully booked with Directholidays- the first available one was September) but we were happy with this- the B&B cost around £230 extra - I think it was £5 per adult and £3 per child. For us it was worth it as we see not cooking as part of the holiday!!

Rachel
:)
Rachel - good on you ! What dates did you book? we are also going next August :)
we are going on 7th August for 2 weeks - our two will be 5 and 9 - how about you?
Sounds great Rach. I wasn't sure if Direct were still taking bookings for 4 into a 1 bed apartment as they don't appear when you search the website. We have a 1 bed for the 4 of us as well because when I booked the difference in price was around £500 and I just didn't think it was worth it. Have you looked at the mar hotels website? There are photos on there of the refurbished rooms, they look great. If there are any questions you or Ali have, or anything you want me to look out for when I'm there just let me know. 11 weeks and 3 days to go! :sun2 :cheers
Rachel - we are going 31st July for two weeks - long time off but really looking forward to it. My kids will be daughter aged 12 and son aged 11. Can't believe all the two bedroomed have gone - shows how popular it must be. Might meet you at the bar for a dring. ;)
nicJW - can't think of any questions at the moment, apart from how bad the towel and sunbed situation is at this complex. Can't abide getting up at the crack of dawn on my hols just to get a bed by the pool. Would love it if you submitted a really good complex report on your return full of tips, hints and recommendations. Happy holidaying :) :)

Ali x
Thanks Ali, I know what you mean about the sun beds. I haven't been abroad before during school holidays and to be honest I'm not looking forward to how busy it might be, but perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised (well I can hope anyway!) Will definately do a review and I'll be testing out my new camera too, so hope to post some pictures on my return, if I can work out how to do it. Kind regards, Nic.
I went to Calan Bosc last july and stayed at the Valentin Star, plenty of sun beds for everyone...seemed like that at most places with the exception of the CnB hotel. Of course you got the idiots putting towels on beds early in the morning booking so called good spots and contrary to the popular myth it wasn't the Germans it was the Brits
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.