Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Cala'n Forcat
12 Posts
yes i would be interested in any recomendations too. we go 25 th june all been well that is. my youngest is a footy fanatic as is hubby, also is there any go karting near caln forcat?
Plenty of bars showing football etc within a short walk of Roc Oasis appartments.

The resort has a variety or restaurants for most tastes. From the Roc Oasis you can easily walk to the far end of the resort and back on your first night and see for yourself.
Thanks Rigler - just hoping now that the weather improves, the forecast isn't looking to good :(

Sorry to go :offtop - but we're Ram's supporters - see you next season :wave: :) !!!!

Best Regards

Elaine :fly
CNF is mainly 3 or 4 streets with a number of different type bars & restaurants. There is a main square bordered by 4-5 pubs (2 of these being Jimmy Hills bar) with a stage area in the middle and every night there is a different act on (Robbie, Fake That, Temptations, Drifters, Freddie Mercury etc) all of which were very good and made for great evening entertainment. If you have kids, there loads of bars with play areas and 2 with large areas with bouncy castles (Rabbit & Whale) whereby their mouths hydraulically move up and down by about 20 feet were the kids climb into which my kids found great fun and about 10 ish we moved to the square to watch the acts.

You will definately have a great holiday but take plenty of spending money as it is not cheap in any of the bars or restaurants (almost everywhere pint of beer 3 euros and vodka & coke 5 euros)
Hola!

Just back from ROC Oasis Park Appts. Had a brilliant time, lovely complex, fantastic entertainment team - Chris, Johnny, Emily, Sian, :hyper (Thomas Cook), and lots to do for the kids during the day. Very spacious, very clean complex. No air conditioning, which was fine for beginning of June but personally wouldn't go anywhere without it in July/August. Breakfasts excellent value for money 4 euros for adults and only 2 euros for children. I didn't go, but hubby and eldest lad went several times and were very impressed.

Calan Forcat is a small resort, very child orientated and some lovely bars and restaurants. Can recommend Daisys (wonderful staff and while we were there the first round of drinks were 'on the house' :) )and Pizzeire Haita (both on the roundabout next to the outdoor church). Black Horse for traditional British Food, and plenty of it! Bar Maxi, close to Cala'n Forcat beach. Lovely setting, overlooking the sea. Looks a bit like a snack bar as you walk by, but go down the steps and view, its lovely. Lovely meals, stunning view and very very friendly staff. Nothing like a snack bar at all when you get inside at all.

We ended up each night in Jimmy Hills Square :glynis . Lovely place and good atmosphere. Some brilliant tributes bands as mentioned earlier.

I agree, the prices in Menorca are not cheap especially with the current exchange rate. However, the last time we visited Menorca (about 6 years ago) we were surprised how much more expensive it was compared to Ibiza, Majorca and mainland Spain.

All in all, had a fab holiday, even our 15 year old lad enjoyed it!!! :tup Almost forgot,, hubby and youngest lad (11 years) visited the aqua park and had a super time. Note - its a very small park, and if you only want to go for a few hours, its lots cheaper after 3.00 o'clock, although they do not advertise this.

Would recommend this resort for families - we would definitely return. ENJOY!! :sun
Thanks Elaine. Glad you had a great hol!

Me, hubby and 4 yr old daughter go this day week (Friday 20th June). Can't wait and now you've got us even more excited!

How did you find the transfer from the airport? Trouble is we fly from Belfast and have to be at airport at 3.30am! Just hoping tiny girl can hold up with all the travel! :tongue

Thanks again for your great review.

Fiona
xxxxx
One last thing... What exactly is a Jimmy Hill's Bar like? Being from Northern Ireland we're not up on this! Please, Please, Please tell me they don't show football as the name would suggest?????!!!!! :cry If so, is there a de-tour I can take hubby who is footie mad?! :think

Fiona
They show a liitle football.....I counted 27 TV's!!!! :rofl
Hi
We're staying at the Sea Club Apartments in August and although we've been to Cala'n Forcat before it was 11 years ago! Can someone please tell me if you can still find Spanish food in resort rather than the chips with everything menu's? When we were there before there was a steak grill place, can't remember the name that did spit roast and lovely steak's etc, is there anything like this? We also love tapas and have seen the recommendation for the one up beside Los Lenticos which is where we stayed last time. Also does anyone know how far into resort from the Sea Club?
Thanks, sorry it's such a long post
Hi Fiona

You've got me all envious now :( - wish we were going back!!!

Unfortunately, Jimmy Hills does show football but not ruled by it! There are screens outside in the square (only small screens), but hopefully you'll be distracted by the superb tribute acts that are performing on the stage! However, if you're hubbys footy mad (as me and mine are!!), surely you've got to allow him to watch some of the Euro matches :D !!

Journey from the airport to the Oasis took about 45 minutes by coach. If you fly at 3.30 am, they like to get you to the airport 2 hours before, and always allow an hour to get there (we were picked up exactly 3 hours before flight time) so would imagine they would pick you up around 12.30 am?

Kate - I would say its perhaps a 10-15 min walk into the centre from the Sea Club, depending how fast you walk. It really isn't that far and its along a very quiet road.

Hope you both have a brilliant time.

Yours enviously!!

Elaine :fly
Krafty Kate,

There are still plenty of Spanish restaurants in Calan Forcat if you want Tapas etc rather than fish and chips.

When we were there last year we were a little alarmed when the first places we saw on the first night were Jimmy Hill's and the Square, not really our kind of thing on holiday, but you don't have to walk much further to find the more Spanish places.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.