Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Calagute Resort
10 Posts
there are reviews on this hotel (scroll up,top left of your screen)
Good reports but Calangute is not my favourite place.
Welcome to HT Liza :wave:

You can find the reviews HERE

Can anybody help by adding some recents reviews?

Graham
hi liza,
calangute i think is the marmite of goa, you eother love it or hate it,i personaly love it, its busy more so as you get closer to the beach, loads of shops and cafes too, the redonda is a nice place to eat,if you want cheap and local then try amans right at the top of calangute high street, its just on the the road to candolim, its mainly used by locals , the beach is very busy more so at weekends as locals use it and come from all over to there, the beach shacks are much the same as anywhere, you will just have to try them to see which you like, :)
Thanks guys for your replies. Cannot wait. My husband has always wanted to go to Goa, so we waited till the kids where all grown up before trying this resort. :cheers
Hi Liz, we have stayed here for the last 5/6 years and have booked to go back for 3 weeks in December. it is very close to the beach although we do tend to use different shacks for different reasons these days. The staff in the hotel are very friendly and the pool is nice but quite small. We don't use this either though as we prefer to be on the beach. There is a brilliant taxi driver outside the hotel called Steven, he won't rip you off and has offical guide status so knows his way around and his prices are very reasonable, he has been on the job for a lot of years and is a nice family man. Tell him you know Brenda & Liz and he will look after you. He runs us round constantly and is very familiar with the meet up venue at the Carvery, he doesn't mind waiting around for you. If you want to know anything else let me know. Brenda & Liz.
the redonda is a nice place to eat,

It's right next to the busiest roundabout in Goa - you'll get blasted with road dust and fumes and the noise is deafening.
As for the food - very touristy, is all I can say.

As for Aman's at the top of the road - it's best left to the locals. :yikes
Have to agree with Max on that one. Don't know how anyone can bear to sit in the bars on Calangute high street when there are so many nice beach shacks to sit in. I suppose each to their own though, so long as they are enjoying themselves that's all that matters.
Although we stay in Candolim, we usually pop into Calangute a few times during our holiday for a change away from the beach.

We usually have a few beers in the bar/restaurant below the Plaintain Leaf, it's a great place for people watching. After reading Roma's report, I might think bout trying the Thali there.

We like to eat at Vrundavan Restaurant, that's a bit closer to the beach.
We find the food very good (we tend to eat Indian) and there's quite a good choice on the menu. It usually has a few Indians in there eating, which we tend to take as a good sign.
I love Calangute, it's so colourful, great Tibetan Market too, I personally would choose it over Candolim anyday because it is more 'Indian' , I had a look round the Senhor Angelo a couple of years ago because some friends were going to stay there, I liked it very much.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.