Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Yes it will all be fully open as their season doesnt end until end of October. We went in October one year when our son was 17 months and weather was perfect ! Have a great time your 2 year old will love it! Going back for 4th time at end of August, cannot wait!!
Thanks, thats really good to know. Can't wait :D :D
if you dont know where the vista picas is situated, it is across the road from the burger king (not the one by the los delfines arch), it is on the other road at the back.

the vista picas apps i have to say i found to be wonderfully peaceful and a delight to stay at, apparently there is a noisy end where it backs onto the "Blue Breeze" pub which is open till about 1am...

on arrival try to avoid apartment numbers in the block PB-113-118 & PB 213-218 as they are the closest to the blue breeze.

also the block of apps 119-124 & 219-224 is at that end but not quite as close numbers in the 100 range are downstairs, numbers in the 200 range are upstairs...The phone number for vista picas apps is (menorca code which i think is +34) then 971-388220, ring a week before arrival and ask to be placed away from the blue breeze/downstairs...whatever you need/want (English receptionist)

we stayed in apps 226 which from the balcony overlooked the giant whale on the road where the water park is, although it was slightly noisy it wasnt a real problem

over by the burger king at the opposite end of the "Top Markets) is a play area which will be well suited to your 2 year old, it has a climbing frame (like you find in the "charlie chalk" sort of play areas), some trampolines, and a large inflatable slide... and you can sit in the bar at the side and keep a watchful eye on the little one

in this area socks are a requirement so remember to take a pair for your kiddie...

we have been for the past 2 years and my 2 boys aged 5 & 4 loved the play areas

opposite this area is a walkway (round the side of the bars) through to the road where the water park is and along this road are a selection of restaurants and bars catering for any tastes....there is also the water park but i cant comment on that as we didnt visit

costs for a hire car (ours was a Renault Megane Scenic) (smaller cars were cheaper) was €178 for 3 days, this included the €63 fuel deposit which is refunded on return of the car with a full tank....the booster seats were free of charge but if you want a proper child seat they may charge extra. we hired ours from HIPER RENT which is in the entrance to the Vista Picas apts there is another hire place behind the burger king but i found Hiper Rent to be just as cheap.

at the petrol station, on the pumps are 3 buttons to choose from, €1,€10 and another button (wording in spanish:( ) . you need to take out the nozzle, put it into your car and then press the required button, i chose the €10 and it gave me 10 euros worth of fuel, i had to go back later and fill it again and this time i pressed the bottom of the three buttons, that seems to allow any amount of fuel.

as you are travelling towards Cala N Forcat, you will see the go-carts racing track and a pottery works with a wigwam in the grounds, once you have your car, go there....you wont be dissapointed, but be sure to take along your swimming stuff. the area is hidden away from the road but it is fantastic and well worth a visit. entry is free but rides are to pay for, extremely pleasant and peaceful, fun for the kids and relaxing for adults.

The goody goody park in Cala n Bosch is another place well worth a visit for the kids. free to go in but attractions to pay for, shallow swimming/paddling pool and another to the side with 2 slides (kids only on the slides though so i doubt yours will be going on there)
Thanks for all the information, really helpfull. Going to ring like you advise and ask for a quiet room.
Many thanks 8) :D :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.