Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Hi and welcome to HT!

I have added these apartments to our review site HERE. If anyone has stayed here please add your review.

You can read our Resort Reports HERE

luci :wave
Hi Lis20
I went to these apartments in 2000 which I know was a while ago so they may have changed. I have to say we had a really bad time. There is no reception and we got our keys from the rep on the bus and made our own way to the apartments themselves. They were clean and tidy inside but a few days after our arrival the weather became very bad for September and our bathroom window blew in. We had to clean the glass up ourselves and even though we reported it to our rep who was only available for a couple of hours a couple of days a week, no-one ever fixed it the whole time we were there. We had to tie a plastic bag around the frame! One evening during quite a nasty thunderstorm we lost all electricity throughout the complex and my friends apartment as well as many other apartments were flooded ruining their belongings. At 2am that morning we were all standing outside in the porch area of my downstairs neighbours when a coach arrived with new guests. A few of us approached the reps to tell them that most of us had nowhere to sleep as the beds were drenched and they told us they couldnt do anything, so we should share our apartments with the guests who had nowhere to sleep! I dont know if any of the new guests had flooded apartments but it would have been a shock for them if they were because there was no way of reporting it. We tried calling the help number only to find there was no reply. The following day the reps told us it was an act of god and the apartments werent designed for such freak weather conditions. My reply to that was that all the guests affected should have been moved to dry accommodation at the very least but they just wouldnt listen.
I hope things have changed now and that you have a lovely holiday. As I said before, the apartments were clean enough and if the weather had been better it would have been quite a nice relaxing holiday. I hope you have a nice time. Please write and let us know how you get on.

Queenunchkin x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.