Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Rabbie Burns Bar just off Baga/Calangute Road, ran by a very nice Scottish couple. Bar and toilets were neat and tidy and the pub has a nice atmosphere.
Bar Eclipse on Baga/Calangute Rd , run by a very friendly English couple with great staff, Shooters on the smae road and Liquid bar further up on the left oppsite Kim Faa :tup
Redonda at the junction with Baga Road, great for watching the world go by.
We like a night cap at Pinto's bar on the top corner of CSM road almost across from O'Pescador. It must be pretty popular as it's been standing room only on many occasions. :cry Being on the main road it can get a bit "fumey" from the traffic but it's great for watching all the manic hustle and bustle! Also like the Red Lion in Calangute any time of day or night - for the same reason. (was called snowland bar in a previous life). Nice bunch of lads who run it.
I like the Why not Prayjot opposite the Falcon resort, the best Roast dinner you can ever get, it is run by Terry and Angie, and is also open during the monsoon.

I am not a lover of spicy food so this is my saviour.
My 3 favourites are

Kamani Bar just before Tito's, open until 6:00am :cheers :duh

Log Cabin, down lane opposite the Red Lion

Public Bar, very basic but some interesting characters, down the road towards the steps at the beach.
Public Bar is also another place thats been mentioned before for meet-ups. In a very central location and the prices are brilliant!
:tup
The public bar and also barats on the corner of titos lane is where we enjoy watching the world go by ;) we go to the public bar when we first go out before going off to eat somewhere then barats before we retire for bed sometimes we just go in for one then land up being there for a lot more :cheers

Pip
x
The red lion in Calengute....can sit there all day people watching and staff are really friendly.
The white elephant in Baga..really nice and relaxing in there.
Great nights in PALM TREE upstairs opposite Public bar, run by a superb family and great food, also the new bubbles bar at the back of ICICI bank on the main Calangute road is a great place for just chilling and very cheap prices.

Mike
Ive been in Palm Tree, its opposite the Public Bar. Its quite small inside, but in a great location.
babutes upstairs opposite old newtons supermarket nr the osborne, red lion, bonnies & cafe next door all for people watching positions! ( calangute)
Cocktails and dreams on Tito's road is great for people watching. Also like Red Lion for same reason
any more recommendations?
Also, are any of these suitable for the meet ups? They would need to be places where you are pretty sure of getting a table, and ideally not ones which rely of food sales.
What about the countryside inn over the top of the chinese restuarant on the corner of beach rd,candolim.Down stairs is the food and upstairs they just do drinks and there's plenty of tables and you can watch the world go by.pete and trish used to run that place..Just a idea...
Hi just to let you know the "Travelbar" is now open Angelina's Footprints travel agency, opp Tracker ice factory cal/can the food is yummy yummy cajun chicken in crispy bagettes with hoisin sauce and mayo, salads and main courses at reasonable prices.
The new Cricketer Bar which is on the road leading to the Senhor Anghelo off the Baga Rd was really nice, clean toilets too, it used to be Rabbie Burns Pub.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.