Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
I've booked this hotel for next Easter and have been keeping an eye on the reviews. From what I can gather, it seems they are slowly working their way around, one room at a time. Hopefully it will all be finished by the time we get there. :)
Our eldest daughter and her fella have booked to go in September, we have stayed there as a family on three occasions and always had a really good time. The location isn't a big problem for us but i would imagine it could be with toddlers/pushchairs. The food always been ok when we've been, but some people always like something to moan about, it makes you wonder what they eat at home!!!
We stayed in Caledonia park in aug 2005 and it was our first time and it was great,then we stayed there again in feb of this year for just 4 days whilst house hunting and it seemed to have gone downhill a bit.

The food is still great but the appt rooms seemed a bit run down with paint hanging off the wall and what looked like damp.

There was also a group of lads that stayed there and they were complete idiots taking drugs and drinking until 7 o clock in the morning and the manager called the police one night but the lads had put the heavy word on the manager about not paying and the fact that they would trash the room so he told the police that everything was fine.

There was a lot of people that couldnt wait to leave but i think it was just the fact that we had idiots in and not the hotel so dont let this put you off.
Does anyone have an email address for this hotel? We are going there for Easter and I'd like to request a pool-view apartment 8-)
Also, does anyone know if they have those visiting reps selling the "aloe vera" suncreams? I got some in Fuerteventura last year and they were really good for my skin. I could buy them online, but they're the same price as in resort plus silly P&P prices!
Would anyone have an email address for the Caledonia Park please. Have tried to Google them but just get tour operators as the results. Thank You.
This is the email address I have found for the Caledonia Park in Adeje

direccion@a-caledonia.com

luci :wave
Hi can anyone who has stayed at the caledonian park recently tell me how good or bad it is now .Stayed there four times in two years about four years ago and really enjoyed it .Been hearing some conflicting reports about it and would like to check it out as we are thinking :think of going back next month for two weeks .Any information good or bad will be really appreciated.Thanks in advance . :tup

Bluepeterno1 :wave:
Only one recent review, but it reports that it was excellent.

luci :wave
hi we are going to tenerife on friday staying at the CALEDONIAN PK in pda can anyone know of it ? we are taking our 4 yr old grandaughter with us and it doesnt say in the brochure that it has a kids section or a shallow end in the swimming pool ? just that the pool is large freeform many thanks
Should have been going this friday 3rd for 2 weeks . Phoned by Thomas Cook this morning to tell us that it is closing for refurbishment and that we would be put in alternate accomodation or have our money back . Still want a holiday but the alternate has not been confirmed yet got to wait until tomorrow . What should happen and whats our legal position . Thanks .
Hopefully a suitable and acceptable alternative will be confirmed tomorrow, so that you do not have to resort to the other option of taking a full refund. It's a bit disappointing that they only advised you of this situation today, as other booking websites had already been warning of this closure for renovations, which I understand is from 15 April to 30 June.

Keep us posted.

David :wave
Do you have information of the other websites so that I can mention this to the travel agent as they said yesterday that they had only just been informed of this . We will be on the phone first thing this morning so I will keep you posted . Thanks .
Hi Willerby ... I can't be sure now of exactly when, but I'm pretty sure I read about the closure several weeks ago. Here are some of the sites which mention the closure, but unfortunately there is nothing to indicate when the information was added to those sites:

http://www.canarias.com/hotel/default.aspx?CodMant=TFS/1095&prov=HBds&idioma=en
http://opodo.onholidaygroup.co.uk/hotel/caledonia-park-apthotel/11120
http://en.quierohotel.com/aparthotel-caledonia-park-descuento-especial-OFE323309.htm
http://www.flightline.co.uk/accommodation/hotel-search.php?hotel=20030111154353631336&supplier=medhotels

We have been booked into Columbus Aparthotel . Not our choice but nothing else we could do apart from have a refund and no holiday . Not sure what its going to be like , lets hope its OK . Will formally complain once we come back as being informed of the problem 48hrs before we go doesn't seem good enough .
Hi willerby ... you should find lots of info about the Columbus here in this forum and in our reviews section. If you need any help or advice about your complaint, please feel free to post in our Holiday Complaints forum. I hope that you have a great holiday, even if it's not the one you expected.

Island connections Reporting Caledonia Park has closed
HERE
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.