Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
I'm afraid it is and its 5 years since we were there.
We went last year. By no means is it 4 star but we had a lovely time.
Food was fine, once again not 4 star but there was always something to take our fancy. Entertainment was ok but nothing special. Rooms were clean and tidy. Only saw one cockroach and that was dead. The stray cats were a bit of a pain as my partner is terrified of them. The worst part was the other british tourists who could not be bothered to clean up after them selves around the pool area. If you have any specific questions please ask.
We've been three times (Nov, Feb and March, different years of course!) and found it to be a bog-standard 3 star tourist hotel. In need of a little refurbishment maybe but nothing to give you the horrors.
Thanks for all the info. I'm not quite so worried now. :) Does anyone know if it is anywhere near the San Eugenio shopping centre that is by the big supermarket next to the roundabout :?:
Yes, cc st eugene's(sp?) is across the motorway bridge, down the short (but steep) hill, turn left and about 300 metres along the road (it may be further but it didn't seem too far)

Hope this helps.
Thanks ds0rco thats really helpful to know. :D
Hello, I have a holiday booked to the caledonia park in september after reading reviews i am totally unsure. i had a really great deal with it 1000 for 2 adults for 2 weeks now i am starting to wonder why it was so cheap. has anyone been and can give advice such as:

what is the pool like?
restaurants?
location?
all inclusive facilities?
is the hill really a hill?
cleanliness?
how far is the beach?
is there a refurb going on at the moment? if so do yo think it will be finished by 1st sep?
where are the best rooms?
what are the rooms like?

or anything else anyone would like to add

help is appreciated
Yes just that I wouldn,t set foot in it, been over 50 times abroad and that is the only accomodation I wouldn't go back to.
surely it cant be that bad?
Does anyone have an update on the refurb goin on at the caledonia park. im goin in a few weeks and wondered what the situation was.

Also does anyone have an e-mail address for the hotel?
Hi emwxm
There's an E-mail address for the hotel on http://www.travel-library.com
direccion@a-caledonia.com
Hope this helps. :)
going to tenerife for first time on 29/9 staying at caledonia park for 11 days just me and my 10 yr old son and would appreciate any tips and hints on things to do and see cheers mark
Hi ive read a few reviews on this place and I'm really in 2 minds as to book this or not. Ive heard good and bad things and cant decide what to do. Ive had a disasterous holiday before and really dont want another but going with my parents and sisters family too and they both want to book it.
We are a family of 5, 2 adults 3 children aged 2, 5 and 8. Is it really that bad?
we went to the Jupiter hotel in Majorca last year and the reviews were similar to caledonia park and yet we had a great time...arrggghhh someone help me decide please!! :bhead
I've booked the Caledonia for next Easter (Spring 2008). We've been to quite a few places with 'iffy' reviews and we've had great holidays :D I think it's pretty much what you make of it. We've been to Tenerife a couple of times before so at least I know the resort and know where to go if the hotel isn't much good.
We have booked to go to the Caladonia Park in october.
Having returned from Tenerife, October 06 and staying at the Oasis Golf resort in playa I have decided to take hotel reviews with a pinch of salt.
The oasis golf had mixed reviews and by the time we were due to go my nerves were shot!!
Having said that the resort brilliant .accom graet, in fact couldnt fault the place.
So when booking the Cal, I once again trawled the reviews and again the reviews were mixed.
I decided to go for it and if it aint as good then so be it.
Its not the end of the world.
Some people really like a moan on these review sites and while a lot of the comments are helpful, it always seems to be the bad stuff that sticks in your head.
My advice use your noggin and sometimes taking a chance pays off..... other times maybe not!
Hopefully my experience at the Cal will be good and despite what im saying I will be checking the reviews regualy!!!!
:lol:
I agree Kagehaly! Even if somewhere has got mixed reviews it's worth a try. I'd only say to give it a wide berth if all the reviews mentioned the same problems, whereas everyone has different agendas on holiday, some are happy to have basic accom, and prefer real good food, others want somewhere to stay that's like a palace and don't leave the complex the whole holiday.
The last twice we were in Tenerife we had good and bad reviews about both places, even when we got there we found something else to moan about - but at the end of the day it's a week or two of sunshine(we hope) cheap food and drink, a nice beach and time out from work.
Over the last few weeks I've heard (just through colleagues & friends) some good & bad about Caledonia Park - just like the comments on this site! So yes- I still read all the reviews, but always keep my fingers crossed :lol:
Hi

Can anyone tell me a bit about the Claedonian Park.
Hi Glenys

have never stayed there and heard mixed reports. Its up quite a steep hill on the opposite side of the TF 1 near the aquapark.

Plenty family entertainment bars and good choice of resturants nearby.
Also only 5 mins walk from the san eugenio shopping centre.

Did speak to a couple last year who did the all inclusive option and they were not impressed with the food. 8)
Just in case you haven't read our member reviews for the Caledonia Park Aparthotel you'll find somehere
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.