Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi

I am going to this hotel on Sunday 19th december for 2 weeks. Will let you know what it is like when i get back.
It is the Albatros Royal Moderna or Royal Moderna Albatros - so you ll have to check the various combinations in the name to find the reviews.

Its located right at the end of Nabq Bay - very far from the Naama area.
Considering booking this hotel for Feb 2006.
Is this hotel convient for town and good for children (11).
As the tour company does not provide transfers to hotel any idea what a transfer by taxi would cost and is it safe....

First time visitor to Eygyt.
The hotel is absolutely amazing - so clean and tidy - the staff are very polite and go out of their way to help you.

Only drawback is that this hotel mainly catered for germans when we were there - that was Aug 05 and therefore the kids club was mainly in german.

Food was delicious and plentiful and very varied, the pools were beautiful and the weather fantastic. We had a wonderful holiday.

It is quite a distance from Naama Bay - unfortunately we didn;t venture out of the complex - we went shortly after the bombings and so didn't want to risk anything - although the security at the airport and the hotel was top form.

Taxi from the airport cost us about 150 EGP which I think was roughly about 15 GBP. We did use a taxi from the airport terminal rather than queue outside and we did have a luxury taxi with air conditioning rather than a battered old cab. I'm glad we paid the extra - I had heard you can get a taxi from outside airport for about 80 - 100 EGP but the extra was well worth it. It was safe although travelling from the airport late at night was a bit scary as it was deserted.

Entertainment for this hotel was ok but once again mainly in German and due to this not sure would be suitable for kids.

Other than that though I;d highly recommend this hotel.

Have a fab time wherever you go
Carol
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.