Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi There bushbaby
Yes it is we were there last march for two weeks, great place, good food, never had a problem, at the time the place was being made to look a lot smarter, new tileing on the pedestrian walkways etc, we have just come back from its sister hotel the Calimera Habiba in Marsa Alam, fantastic. If you want any information please let me know I would be glad to help.

Cheers
Pete ;) :sun2
i have just booked this hotel and would love as much info as you can give and has it got a house reef ,im due to go in sept you can be honest ! :sun2 i can take it thanks x x :sun2
Hi Ste & Jane

Don't think it has a house reef but I know there is a big and I mean big shipwreck which you can see when the tide is out you can dive snorkel etc, come to think of it there is a reef at the end of the jetty, very relaxed atmosphere, food and drinks really good including the cocktails, rooms spotless, and the waiters, bar staff ,everyone conected with the hotel from top management down are there to make sure you have a great holiday, if you want any specific info let me know.
Cheers and Happy Hols
Pete :sun2 ;)
hi ste and jane,we've just got back from the albatros and had a great time,there is a reef at the end of the jetty and at the minute the're extending the jetty,but if you turn left at the beach and follow the road you will come to a little inlet with a great reef and amazing sealife.the bar staff are great in the lobby bar,entertainment was dismal but we made our own :rofl ,food was not as good as at other hotels we've stayed in in egypt but never went hungry,we didn't here of anyone being ill.we never got a sunbed around the main pool as there all gone by 7.30 so we stayed around the relaxation pool.all staff were great.if your a light sleeper donot except rooms 781-786 as these are under the road leading up to reception and facing the relaxation pool,we were in room 785,we arrived late at night went to bed and was woken at least 6 times during the night by traffic passing over head,we chose to keep the room as it was very nice[we just drank a few more :cheers to help us sleep].if you want anymore info just ask.......cheers jackie
Hi Jackie,

I am returning to the Albatros in July, this will be our third visit as we really love the place, was wondering if we still have access to the bay to the left of the hotel where the snorkling is brilliant or have they restricted it now as the new hotel next door must be open by now, if we can, does the bus still run?

Thanks, Phil.
apparently the hotel next door is not opening till about october as they have decided on changes. think its called the Louis Tiran.. we are off again in August to this hotel for the 2nd time but never ventured around there, our friends were back there last year and told us about this bay.

sharon
hi phil,sorry im late getting back to you but weve only just got back from holland,we were not offered transport to yhe beach of the louis tiran,but we did use the beach and the hotel looks like its a good few months off being finished........jackie
Thanks guys,

Thats good news, I was hoping to be able to snorkle in the bay next door again as it,s cosmic but was afraid the hotel, if it was open, may have turned the bay private, we used to just get on the red mini bus that pulls up outside the beach bar every 20 mins or so, but happy to walk it if we have to.

If you,ve not been there yet Sharon its well worth the effort, the bay is really sheltered, water is calm and there is an amazing reef with so much to see and the fish are huge, if you,ve got kids with you its ideal for them for sure, I know mine (girls 11 & 6) really find it amazing!

We,re there 25th July for 15 nights so might just see you there Sharon!

Phil.
hi tux,
we are going 14 august so won`t see you. we are going with our friends who were there last year and the year before so will deff be visiting the bay. my lads are 15 and 13 and love snorkelling so they`ll enjoy it around the corner.

have a nice Holiday :cheers

sharon
Hi Sharon,

Must be something about the place as this will be our third visit in consecutive years as well, just got to remember one thing this year though and thats to take our own beer glasses again (pint one,s of course), if you take them you can leave them behind your favourite bar and then the barmen will always make sure they serve your beers in them, they just ask that you leave them when you leave, it also makes you appear to be VIP,s because everyone wonders why you have special glasses !!!

Really looking forward to the holiday now, counting down the hours as I am sure you and your friends are, have a good one!!

Phil. :cheers
thanx phil,
we tried the sunrise island view last year and was not impressed but we were served with glasses as we are very good tippers so we might not need to take our own :cheers .. have a good time and we could well be having another chat when we get back :sun2

sharon
Hey Sharon,

No probs, we get back on the 10th Aug so I,ll update you with all the latest gossip just before you go,

regards

Phil.
hi im going to calimera on 9th june 2008 wondering if anybody else going then never been to egypt bit aprehensive read good and bad reports about hotel any info welcome lisa xx
hi lisa well your in for a treat i have been lots of times to sharm its fantastic , if you like snorkling there is an amazing variety of fish ,and you dont even need to go out of your depth to see them .the people are so friendly and cant do enough for you ,and if you give them a pound coin your there best friend . a small tip in the first week will keep your cleaner happy ,he will go all out to look after you . I have not been to this hotel before but stayed just down the bay ,so i will look forward to hearing what you have to say about it .dont expect english 5 star as its not to our standards but i have never had any complaints . the dahab trip was good , dont forget to look out of the coach window on the way back ,the stars are amazing and lots of shooting stars .the camel treck into the desert was a waste of money for us but remember if you go to take water . a top tip is drink lots of bottled water dehydration i what usually gives you a bad belly , not the food . i have never taken beach towels as they are supplied for the duration of your holiday. :sun2 not sure if the sea is warm this time of year but im sure its warmer than here . any more questions im happy to help janex.
hi lisa,
we were there in june 06. the temps are wonderful, the pools are cold, the sea is warm and it was about 30/35 degrees, not cold at all but not too hot that it`s too much to cope with. our friends were with us and went back last year. we are all going in august this year again it`s a lovely place and i think it has the best beach out of anywhere else in egypt. from the pool area it is pretty much just flat land to the beach so you get a lovely sea breeze to keep you feeling cool.. you will enjoy so don`t panick. apparently there is a supermarket nearby which is good as the hotel shops can be expensive.£3 for a tub of pringles but another shop should sort the prices out..

sharon
hi sharon and jane thanks for your replys helped alot looking forward to going on monday thanks again let you know how i get on lisa xx
according to my hubby, teletext has the sharm temps at about 39 degrees for today. page 177 on itv. so it`s gonna be lovely. have a great time and will look forward to hearing how it went when you get back.

sharon
hi all,

i'm going to the calimera in september with the outlaws and kids,not seen many pics as of yet.any tips would be appreciated,been to hurghada before but not sharm.

marty
hi im also going sept the 11th cant wait :hols if you go on to trip advisor web site there is loads of pictures and reviews ,you wont be dissapointed . you have to look around a bit before you find them but they are worth it . i know the area as we stayed just up the road a bit last year in sept .the weather was fab a nice breeze from the sea and i didnt get any mosi bites. anymore info you want just ask :sun2 might see you there jane x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.