Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi Sharon,

I would do it now, at least enquire as to availability and costs of the upgrade, you won,t have anything to lose by asking and maybe just gain a bit of peace of mind before you go. Romy normally comes back to you within 24hrs of your enquirey and like I say his English is really good, just let him know your arrival date, how many nights, your preferred room type, the name of the lead person and of course where you want your room.

Good luck!!

Phil :cheers
cheers phil,
just mailed him so we`ll see what happens..

thanx :cheers

sharon
Hi, I am about to book this hotel for our first trip to Egypt for April next year. We have got a good price for 2 adults and 3 children - can you tell me if there are rooms that sleep 5. We have found this our main problem trying to book for Egypt. I have enjoyed reading all your posts and am now settled on this hotel. Would just like some room info
Thanks, Teresa
HI teresa,
in 2006 we had a family room. you walked throught the door... to the left was the bathroom, to the right was the dressing room..wardrobes top to floor mirror etc, straight ahead and there was 2 rooms without doors to them. to the left was a humongous bed and a single bed, to the right was 2 single beds.(they did look bigger than singlrs) they both had patio doors onto a balcony, they both had seperate TV`s and fridges, the room to the right even had armchairs and a table.!!!! in 2006 it was a family room dunno if it`s diff now but it would do 5 people easily and to top it all we had a sea view..
hope this helps

sharon
Hi Teresa,

welcome to the calimera club!! not sure either if you can actually get a room with 5 beds in it, but like Sharon says the beds are huge and you could easily get all 3 of your kids in one double!! I know each morning when we woke our two daughters had managed to sneak in ours without getting noticed, so that made 4 in a bed!! (little darlings!).

But why not email Romy, email address over page, sure he will be able to sort you.

Phil.
Thanks for replies- the family rooms sound lovely. I will email for more info too. What is the beach like here? My hubby is a beach person, Just give me a sunbed and I am happy anywhere. Also is there ever a sunbed shortage? A problem we have sometimes had in the past.
Teresa
The beach,

Is made up of very fine broken coral, nice and soft but rubbish for making sand castles, the beach BAR, is great!! lovely cold beer, comfy chairs overlooking the sea, funny waiters, (funny ha! ha! that is) and a million miles away from work!!

Sun loungers,

April is the Russians favourite time, they do tend to like the Calimera and are early risers, so be prepared to defend your spot if you find one you really like, some people find the ruskkies a bit intimidating but thats just their manner as they really don,t come from a very friendly backround, unlike us Brits! :rofl

Don,t worry though and take it from me, if you,re fairly easy going you will absolutely love it!!

Phil.
Oh dear - I was all excited till I read the bit about the Russians fav time being April. This is the only thing that has been holding me back - everyones comments on the rude russians. We are very easy going but dont want hubby getting cheesed off with them if comments I have read are true.
Teresa
Hey teresa,

We have stayed at the Calimera both at easter (April) and in August, whilst there were a number of our Russian friends there in April, August was completely void of them and I think when people say they are rude, its more of a case that if you hold a door open for them don,t expect a thank you, don,t even expect any sign of gratitude for that matter, plus they are really good at queue jumping, so don,t expect them to line up either in the buffet restaurants or the bars and thats about as bad as it gets, it really is amusing when you see how different cultures can wind one another up when I,m sure there is no real intent, having said that my experience of our learned friends seems to have been with wealthy oversized, thong wearing (not a nice sight I have to say and a bit like the guy in the Benedorm tv series if you saw it) male senior citizens with several "barbi dolls" attached to them!!

In truth, it,s not an issue with us simply because we have no expectations of our Russian chums!!

You,ll be fine! :cheers

Phil.
Hi there, would you say there are more russians than brits at this hotel? What are the temps like in august? I had thought this was completely out of the question due to heat ?? I also had a reply back from the hotel saying that their family rooms hold up to 2 adults and 4 children so that was good
Teresa
nice one , i still haven`t heard from them.. the family rooms are massive, like i said we had a enormous bed and a single and 2 others for the kids. Russians...i just give back..they push in before me i just elbow them out the way, door opening i just chuck the black looks and call them ignorant barstewards then remember to let the door shut in their face next time...its fun.at the end of the day it`s your holiday, you won`t see them again .

sharon
oh sharon thats a bit harsh . i have also emailed the hotel with no reply yet . i went in sept the weather was fab with a great breeze straight off the ocean . i didnt see any russians last sept , so these reports of it been over run with them are a little worrying :que
hi stejane,
not harsh at all i just treat them as they treat me. i haven`t heard back from them yet either. my friend mailed them the day brfore me and got a reply next day, she then mailed them back and is still waiting for a reply so maybe he has a few days off, will just have to keep waiting. i think most places you go is full of germans,russians etc. at the end of the day we are all there for the same reason :cheers

sharon
teresa,
it is Hot in August but there is a lovely breeze off the sea which keeps you cool.

sharon
You guys crack me up!! :rofl

This will be our fourth visit to the Calimera, been in April, July and August, always had a great time and never had any worries. Yes it,s well hot in August but you soon adjust, as a matter of fact I don,t ever recall seeing a cloud at all!!

Did I mention that we only got 32 more sleeps?

happy days!!!
youre right about the clouds phil,
we went to lanzarote about 4 yrs ago and the weather was cloudy, it even rained on the last day and that was in July...so have decided i DON`T do clouds!!!!!! and never again want to see them on holiday again, we get plenty in this country.. so egypt is deff for me ;)

sharon
Know what you mean Sharon,

we made the mistake of a week in tenerife this easter and it was cloudy, rainy and flippin cold!!, then we remembered just why we love egypt so much, you can always guarantee the sun!!

31 sleeps now!! :cheers

Phil.
Hi everyone.

We are going to the Royal moderna calimera on 13th Aug 08, Sharon we should meet as my boys are 14 and 12.

So excited and so pleased about the reviews. We booked our holiday in Jan 08 and got cracking deal of £2,300 inc flights and 2 weeks inclusive, this was with imperial travel on teletext, not sure what room we have, think it is twin room.

See you soon maybe.

Diane
Good for you Diane!

Just received our tickets, so must email Romy at the hotel to arrange taxi, have you girls had a reply from him at all?

Phil.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.