Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Calla Millor
11 Posts
Hi burnt head, went to Cala Bona a few weeks ago and I would say that Cala Millor is a livelier version. I only went there for the shops but there was obviously loads to do. I felt just as safe as I did in Cala Bona. Louise
Thank you. Hope you had a good time in Calla Bona. I stayed in the Bonarie when i was there and loved every minute of it.
Calla Millor is a cracking resort so, hopefully, Calla bona should be just as good.
Hi Burnthead. We've just returned from our 2nd visit to the Cristina Apts :cry . Another brilliant holiday and will probably try for a 3rd time next year. They are located about a 10 minute walk from the main stretch of shops/restaurants but you dont notice the distance after a few beers and it does good to walk off the lovely food. If that doesnt appeal, you can catch a taxi and the standard fare is €3. An absolute bargain.

The hotel restaurant is worth a try at least once. Really good value for money if you want a cheapie night! The food isnt bad either. We did eat at a few different places though - the Sundeck was really nice and we ate there a few times, the Rose & Crown was nice, husband recommends the donor kebab! We did go to AD Wetherspoons again but was a little disappointed with the food this time (a little too greasy for my liking) but it was nice to see Alan and Diane (the owners) again. Cheers bar was ok but not overly impressed with the service.

We only stayed for a week this time so didnt get to visit the Sportsman bar (which is at the Sa Coma end of the resort) but last year we had some lovely meals there. The British Bulldog was always busy (there must be something in that) but we never ate there.

Have a lovely holiday. Wish we were still there instead of sat here typing and watching the rain outside :(

Sarah :)
Hi Sarah

Perhaps you would like to post a review of the apartments HERE

luci :wave
I will write a review in the next day or two although not a lot has changed since my last review last year (its still at the top of the page too!).

I'll give some up to date info though.

Sarah :)
Thanks Sarah. :tup It's always useful to add an update, even if it's just to say everything is the same, as people look at a review from last year and think the information is out of date. People prefer recent reviews.

luci :wave
We love Cala Millor & Cala Bona - it's busier/livelier than Cala Bona but it doesn't have that 18-30 or lager lout feel that some resorts get.

We love CHEERS - never had a bad meal there yet and was surprised to hear that someone wasn't impressed with service as we've never had any problems. I guess it all depends on what staff have been hired but Kev's always there and he's always kept busy either serving or in the kitchen.
We ate in CHEERS and Beachboys in Cala Millor this year and various eateries in Cala Bona - I'd say we had at least 50% of our meals in CHEERS and they were all scrummy!

The beach at Cala Millor is nicer and cleaner than Cala Bona and you don't get all the seaweed either but it is a busier beach so I guess it all depends on what you want.
Thanks for the replies. More than helpful. Will deffo try the bars and places that have been mentioned. Would be rude not to ;) .

Fly on Saturday and cannot wait. The weather looks superb. As my username suggests, i might have to pack a bit extra suncream for my poor old head.
Hi burnt head, I've just spoken to my boyfriend who lives in Cala Bona, and the suncream is a must. He says its very hot and proper summer has arrived !!!! Louise
Louise, you an absolute legend. Music to my ears.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.