Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
calla millor
16 Posts
Went to Calla Millor last year and stayed in the Talayot. The resort is nice. It is very quiet. About 1.5 hrs from the Airpot. They dont have bar streets like PDLA in Teneriffe and all the noisy teenagers associated with these types of streets. The average age in the resort is 30plus. There is lots of bars and restuarants. They seem to close around 1ish. Plenty of shops to browse around. Germans are at the bottom of the town. Too far away to worry about. Lovely resort. Plenty of activities for young children. Id go back there again.
Have Fun :cheers
Colin Northern Ireland
di39, I regularly go to Cala Bona the resort next to Cala Millor and love it. There are plenty of bars etc... in both resorts. As per the previous post, most people are 30+ although that increases early and late season.

Both resorts will be busy in August, and bars do stay open longer if there are the customers, however, 1am is probably a good guide for closing time. Use the search facility for "Cala Millor" and "Cala Bona", as the resorts are so close (15 min walk from one to the other) that posts for one resort, often refer to the other as well. There are plenty of other threads on this forum that will give you more information.

Cala Millor is certainly geared up for German tourists, but not to the extent that you would feel isolated. If you choose your hotel carefully you will be fine. In Cala Bona, the Hotel Levante, Hotel Levante Park, Hotel Cala Bona are mainly (if not totally) English guests.
Louise
hi, i am too thinking of cala millor and have tried to research on whether its a suitable resort for my family (two children 11 and 7). i found this website which is quite helpful. in the main all i was looking for a nice beach, nice promenade to walk up and down on and a decent karoake bar for the kids at night ;) also the most important factor is there is no idiots getting drunk and causing trouble. it does sound that it may just fit the bill for us :cheers

http://www.calamillor-mallorca.com/[url][/url]
Hi, I went on holiday to cala millor/bona last august with my partner and three kids aged 15,14 & 12 and there was plenty for them to do. Our apartment was on the front beside the jetty where the boats go the neighbouring resorts. I felt it was safe enough to let them wander around on their own or to hire a scooter or bicycles. They enjoyed the freedom.

We are going back in August so we must have had a good time.

Sue.
Yes i concur , Cala Millor will fit all your posted requirements .. and you will be safe and have a great time .. :tup
HI, I know Cala Millor quite well and if you liked magaluf you'll certainly like cala millor. Although it is mainly German there are severl englisj bars with entertainment and the adjacent resort Cala Bona is much more British. Have a good time. :
The reason we LIKED Cala Millor was becuase of the high percentage of foreign visitors - its nice to feel you arent in the UK on a warm day!

Its certainly nothing like Magaluf or Palma Nova in my opinion - and if you want LOADS of British bars and all day breakfasts you will be disappointed. We loved it personally - and there are a few British Bars if thats what you like!

Would go back tomorrow, but then Im not fond of Magaluf or PN, so maybe Im the wrong person to ask!

Beautiful prominade and beach - loads of great shops - loads of friendly bars - but the "ambience" is very different in my opinion.....in a good way!
Stayed at Cala Bonor hotel in Cala Bonor and can thoroughly recommend this small friendly hotel (Thompsons)
Personally don`t like Calla Millor or Cala Bonor but everyone to their own tastes.
Rodz
Cala Millor/Cala Bona are both great places to stay in my opinion, I do like other parts of the Island but I find myself drawn back to these adjoining resorts time and time again. Mainly because I feel they have just the right balance of visitors, there are certainly enough British style bars and restaurants to satisfy most Brits, and they are not the rowdy type places you may come across in other resorts which I wont name as sure to upset someone as like Rodz says 'each to their own'. Families and couples/singles alike can feel comfortable and safe strolling the lovely promenade both by day or night and the views of the Med are lovely from the beachside cafes and some of the Hotels. I fyou want mad excitement then no this is not the resort for you but if you want chilling out, great beach and family orientated fun then this will do fine although you will have to travel out to find a waterchute park etc as I cannot recall one here however I may be wrong in which case someone will point you in the right direction. Happy Holidays!!
Tony
I agree. Cala Millor is a great place to stay. Its one of the two places we have holidayed where we have returned for a second consecutive visit. Im with tootsie that the fact that it isnt a "brits on holiday" resort is one of its more appealing aspects (no disrespect meant there) with a good mix of all nationalities, not just Germans.

It is a good family resort, the beach is lovely and plenty of space along it. Plenty of English bars and restaurants and lots of good hotels and apartments.

The only reason we wont be going back this year is because we are holidaying with a large family group and have a villa in Ibiza. Otherwise, I would be there - again :)

Sarah :)
We've been going back to Cala Millor & Cala Bona for 10 years with my own family (and when I was I was a youngster in the 70's) and love the place - nice and flat, lovely beaches, lovely harbour, plenty of shops/bars, no lager louts. Have always felt safe even if walking at night on my own. I consider the place to be my second home and if I ever won the lottery it's where you'd find me.
:tup Hi Tis, How are things with you and your family, it looks like you will be heading back to your fav! place. We are going to Majorca this year,after 2 years at Benidorm. Cala bona, was in the running, but big boss.. chose Palma Nova, hotel Santa Lucia. I think it was the beech location that won in the end..

PS. The Boro are in a bad way, ..... :wave: :sun2
Hya Snowey! All fine here, thank you for asking., Hope things are okay for you & yours too. I am gutted we are not going back this year - have told hubby he has to do lots of overtime so we can book for next year ;) We're off to sunny (hopefully) Berwick for a week in a caravan!!!!! Hope you have a FAB time in Majorca!

PS. Yup the Boro are in a bad way, my only hope is that if we go down, the Toon go down with us otherwise my life won't be worth living!
Hi Tis, Never mind, you all will enjoy Berwick, if its your first time ??.. mind you being of Scots nationallity myself, i find it sometimes very difficult to understand them, i put that down to they don,t know wether they are comming or going, ;) ;) still have a nice holiday and hope the weather is good.. all the best.... snowey...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.