Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
First of all, I would say Cambrils.

Its closer to Porta ventura and much more things to do.

I haven't stayed at any of the places but ive been to both and cambrils is nice and clean and a short, straight walk to salou.

For Porta ventura is good for all people but a lot of the rides needs to be over the height of 1.4 meters.

But the is a kids section in the park and alots of games and plenty of shows to watch (bird show, puppet show, cow boys and Indians (This is funny) etc...

Also next door to it is Costa caribe (water park, this is brill for both kids and adults and all rides will allow children.

Also if you want a water park with a dolphin and a seal lion show and they even have an exotic animals tent too, then aquapolis is the place to go (this will be either a 20 mins bus journey or the road train (much cheaper and enjoyable to use)
sanguli is actually slightly nearer, plus it also has 3 pools , compared to cambrils which only has one large one. from previous posts i gather that there is a bigger range of accomadation at sanguli ,although at that time of year im not sure how busy either park would be, and you might find a better deal for a nice hotel. http://www.universalholidaycentre.com sometimes has good deals depending on time of year .
We have just returned from Cambrils Park earlier this month and it is a fantastic site, we have 3 kids 11, 10 & 8 who didn't want to come home! The site is very clean, has the most wonderful fresh bakery and has two pools, one ideal for younger kids with elephants, slides etc in it. The restaurant, bar area, entertainment etc is all very good. We did have a wander round the Sanguli site (which is actually a sister site of Cambrils and the very back of each site actually touch each other, though seperated by what appears to be wasteland but we drove down it and straight into Sanguli) in my opinion Cambrils Park was the better site, though Sanguli was similar with the entertainment etc I thought it was a bit more hilly to wander around and the mobile homes all seemed very close to each other, packed in like sardines, however the bungalows have more space around them and Sanguli is more central to everything, Cambrils park isn't that much further along though but is a bit more of a walk to the beach. If you want anymore info just ask :)
i have booked with siesta for a two week stay in sanguli, in early october. can any one tell me if the lodges are ok, or has any one stayed there recently. i went with ferris last year to salou and stayed at california gardens hotel, but i fancy trying the lodges this time. any answers would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
cambrills is great
We went to cambrills park Augest 05 and 06 its a lovely place. When people said to us your camping in spain i wouldn't do that how far from the truth they were. The site is cleaner than any hotel in salou or any other holiday we have been on it deserves all the awards it has gained. Look on the wall in reception you'll be amazed. The two pools are large and the one with Elephants in is great for the 10 and under age group its lovely and shallow. The other pool is also great and has two water shoots this year we are going to the calypso in salou as Cambrills park was full our children age 11 13 14 think that they will have a huge pool like cambrills park we have said hotel pools arn't that big hopefully they won't be disappointed. My husband loved it as it had its own bakery and coffee shop right beside the pool you could sit at the table and watch the world go by. The security is out of this world they will have no riff raff and at midnight if you are coming home from being out for the night they tell you to make no noise and they will take you to your accomodation if you want. The paths to your accomodation are all lit up at night and you can still hear the cleaners scrubbing the spotless toiletts early am right through to late pm my husband prefered to shower and shave there as they were so big and clean. The entertainment at night started late and they spoke in spanish quite a bit but don't let that put you off as they have shows coming in which are all good. Some nights by the time we dragged our kids out of the pool which closed at 8pm and we got ready then went down the hill into town to eat it was 11pm before we knew it. On our 2nd week my dad stayed in salou at the bottom of the hill to the site its cambrills and the restaurants are lovely Mucky Duck and Rugby Tavern great food. If you turn left at the bottom of the site you are in salou its easy to get a bus. The site is a 10min walk to the bus stop and beach sangulli is 800metres away and as you come out of this its across the road from the beach they are both owned by the same people and sangulli has three pools but they are quite spaced out and we noticed this had more older children on this site and the accomodation is quite close together unless you are having a lodge they a more spaced out. We wouldn't normally venture out to far but my dad stayed in salou Golden Port Hotel insalou very nice food great and Israel the entertainer is fantastic but with my dad staying there we caught the bus into salou a few nights to see him. Salou is very busy but in a nice way the food is very cheap they are in compettition with each other as there are so many and some food places do entertainment which is always nice. Portaventura is great day and night get your tickets in England type in portaventura and you will see different people who do it. My dad paid the same price for his family for two days what we paid for 14 days unlimited. We hired bikes and rode to the end of salou and then to the end of cambrills about 15 - 20 mins that was nice we stopped for lunch as well we had no problems with flies and no mosquito bites. My husband took our son to Barcelona to watch a match while me and the girls got our hair braided (got to do it your on holiday!) and they loved it they got back late though but my son talked about it for ages after hope this helps any more quires just ask.
Julie kettering northants
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.