Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
camel beach
8 Posts
I was their on a Boat trip a few years back, Waste of time really, 15 lira charge, Camel walked about for about 1 minute and was led back, Tip watch others before you go on yours.
Would agree, boat trip from Gumbet a waste of time, stopped of a a few places, one covered in flies, just completly surrounded we got back on the boat and stayed there, camel island not worth the effort, spend your money on something else.
spend your money on something else.
any tips then where to go what to see
only going for a week so loads to cram in
It just goes to show how different things appeal to different folks - I love the boat trips from Gumbet! I'd agree about the camels though - nothing to write home about.

If our boat trip stops off at Camel Beach, we usually head for one of the cafes and have an ice cream.

There are some boats which do crowd people on, but there are also loads that don't - when you're asking about a boat trip (and almost every hotel, bar and restaurant offers them, as well as the tour agencies in the resort) specify you want a small boat and plenty of room to spread out. In my opinion, its a great day out, you get a great tan, nice lunch, and you can be as lively or as chilled-out as you want to be.

Elaine
There is a guy called Mehmet usually can be found in the Far East restaurant on Bar street Gumbet after 10 pm most nights who does boat trips around all the usual spots carmel beach etc.The boat is never packed unlike the usual booze trips and he'll change the agenda to suit the clients.He is also great with non swimmers as in he'll position the boat in very close to all his stop off points.he is also joint owner of the Destan Hotel in Gumbet.

Cheers,
Dave.
I can heartily second Dave's recommendation - Captain Mehmet gets many many return visitors on his boat. He's very entertaining as well.

Elaine
I would agree about the camels and the length of the trip 1 couple on our boat trip (JMC Pirate boat trip} demanded a refund from the person in charge of camels and got most of her money back. The boat trips that you book through a local agent or at the Harbour are brilliant. We went 2 years ago and my son (then aged 6) loved it he was diving off the top of the boat with the Captain (Mehmet i think). The only problem with the trips from Gumbet side is the Steep steps to and from the boat no good for people with mobility , heart or lung problems I should know it took me 40 mins to get back up the hill, i'm asthmatic and had to keep stopping. But on the whole would say try at least one trip. Looking forward to our boat trips from Side this year.:roll: :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.