Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Camp beds
11 Posts
Kazee

If I were you I would contact your TO and tell them the situation regarding the hotel not being able to confirm wether you will have a camp bed in your room as the third bed. Remind them that your holiday was booked as three adults sharing a room and that you have paid for three adults ( I am assuming you paid adult price for a 17 year old) and under no circumstances will you accept a camp bed. Tell them it is down to them now to contact the hotel and confirm with them your request. At the end of the day it is down to them to book what you have requested and if they couldn't then they should have informed you prior to booking. They are going to have to find out what rooms they have been allocated. As you are not travelling until the end of June you will have time to put the request in writing. Make sure you keep copies of any letters you send and also ask the TO to confirm anything in writing. I know it is not ideal but at least if the TO comes back and says there will be a proper third bed you can take that with you as proof,.

Hope you get it soirted

Rgds Jackie
Thank You Jackie

Yes we did pay adult price for our 17 year old. I have spoken to the tour operators who state that the room does accommodate 3 people. I feel like they are missing my point, ok the room accommodates 3 people but he is not a child he is 5ft 9.
I have rung them tonight and been informed that they have emailed the reps in the resort to confirm what rooms they have at this particular hotel, I must await their reply.
Like I said previously it was a pure fluke that I read about a young couple with their young daughter, and stated that their room was very small with the camp bed.

Thanks again for your advice.

watch this space :roll:

kind regards

Kazee
Usually it states that the 3rd bed is a camp bed, only suitable for up to 12 years, so why are they charging the adult price??

I think that is what you are saying???

and If you are paying full price then you expect a proper bed.

This is an interesting one!!!
Personally, I don't think it is acceptable for a hotel to use camp beds for any age of guest...if I'd have wanted my kids to have stayed on camp beds I'd have taken them camping !!!!

What redress, if any, do you have if you find you are given camp beds (whether for children or not ) instead of a proper bed ...does anyone know ?????

I'd be livid if this happened to me.
I would pack up and go and sit in reception with luggage until it was sorted!!!!
sadly the brochures do state that the 3rd bed may be of a folding variety; so i think the tour operators have covered there backs by putting this in the small print
Hi peeps

Thank you for your replies,
Joules, it did not state camp bed in the brochure or else it would not have been booked.

Update, I have spoken to the tour operator, who has confirmed that the rooms alloted to them are twin and a 'roller bed'. They assured me that if the bed was not suitable for an adult they would not have been able to proceed with the booking. If I was not happy with this and wanted to change our holiday (which has been booked nearly 12 months ago) then we would have to pay £50.00 cancellation fee and this must be undertaken before the 1/5/06.

I have again emailed the hotel and things are now sorted, I am happy that they have assured me the bed is suitable for an adult.

I feel much better now, it has been resolved

Thanks again for your support.

Kind regards

Kazee :wink:
  • Edited by Kazee 2006-04-21 19:42:20
Why not tell us what hotel it is. Someone might have been to it and would know what the beds were like.
Last year we booked a holiday in a new hotel in Sunny Beach Bulgaria. We were assured that my husband, myself and our 40 yr old daughter would have a suite suitable for 3 adults. The hotel was beautiful, but to our horror on arrival found that we had 2 single beds with a camp bed jammed between the 2. We complained bitterly that our daughter who has her own home should not be expected to sleep between us and have no privacy at all. W were then moved to a large, very beautiful room and although the beds were not jammed together, the third bed was a camp bed. We got nowhere with the rep or the hotel, so for 2 weeks our daughter slept with an airbed under her because her camp bed was so awful. I feel that had it not been for how nice the hotel staff were, we'd have been demanding money back. Thomas Cook's didn' want to know, even though they had assured us we would have 3 beds! :!: :!:
Just me again to say my daighter slept with a lilo not an airbed under her sheet. The problem arose in the first place because we were stupid enough to believe the girl in Thomas Cooks who told us a suite meant we'd be in a separate room. i.e. like an apartment.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.