Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Hi!
Here is the website for the campsite:

http://www.brasilia.fr

:D
Canet is Fantastic
the fishing is good
it's an easy place to cycle around
the restaurants are very nice
the market is sound especially the Sunday one

just don't go to Les Vagues unless you speak fluent French as most German or Dutch didn't on our visit 2 years ago

It was very ***** ***(deleted as I don't want to get into trouble)* to anyone who could not understand French but also who were not French

and expensive too
I first went there 14 years ago with Club Cantabrica. Last year my wife and I went back and it has not changed a bit - apart from the accommodation.

It may reassure you to hear that we are going back again this year. It is a four star site while Mar Estang is only three star. There is a beach directly off the site which is sandy. It does shelve steeply into the sea. Life guards are on duty during the day.

About the 6th September everything closes which means a 20-30 minute walk to the shops, before that there is a small boat accross the harbour. If you are on holiday having to walk into town is no hardship anyway, it is level but uneven.

The same walk will take you to the bus stop where you may catch the bus into Perpagnon, if you stay on to the end you end up at the station where you have access to all the local places of interest and can get into Spain. Don't do what we did and get on the wrong train, it cost us 50 odd Euros instead of about 20 if we had caught a different train.

If you get the chance take the little yellow train from Ville France to Andora, the views are spectacular.

If you enjoyed yourself last time you will enjoy this time.

Hope this helps 8) :D
La Train jaune

just checked this out even though I've photographed it for the last 15 years no been on it

Hmmmm

This year .....at 34€ return for the whole trip though SWMBO needs a little working on

I'll have the photo's on my pages by October :twisted:
I have just booked my holiday for this year and we are off to Canet again in mid August. :lol: 8)

Last year we took the trip by mini bus to Andora and saw the train winding up the mountain and thought it was wonderful and would try it this year. Unfortunately I have had no success finding any information about the journey. Any information/tips/advice will be greatly appreciated. :?:

Any suggestions about the area and thing to do will also be helpful.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.