Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
I had to honestly look up Cypsela as i'd never heard of it, but it looks a real nice place (How are the prices worked on their website, are they per person, etc?????) La Siesta is nothing like Montgri, and to be honest it's probably smaller than the Cypsela site

I've seen cars next to some units, so i'm guessing it aint an issue. The town of Palafrugel (inland) from the campsite is a working town, nothing special, but the beach area down at the front is one of the nicest areas i've seen in Spain, and is very small and typically Spanish

I'm thinking of driving to Spain next year, so if you can offer any tips it would be appreciated. We are looking at La Siesta, as you can get an apartment for 2 people from around €30-€40 per night, which looks good to me :)
Thanks for the info on CDP Cider, your flickr pictures are fantastic by the way.

Cypsela is an immaculate, security conscious, well run professional site - the reception is like that of 5 star hotel.
However if you want to go off site/eat out you will need transport. If anyone wants any specific info about Cypsela I'd be pleased to help.

Driving for us is the only way to go - I live in Kent which makes a big difference to the drive - I have twice driven to Alicante and that is a long way for the kids. Driving gives us freedom to enjoy France en-route, we also take shed loads of stuff - my wifes whole wardrobe! 4 bikes etc. - which would be impossible when flying. This yaer with the Euro at 1.23 we took plenty of essential food stuffs which also helped, as did our visit to carrefour in France - very good Vin de pays at 1.80 euro per litre.

On the outward leg I usually do the lions share of the journey through the night - I once did all the way in one go but that was tough, this year we did 600 miles and then did an overnight stop. 600 miles from Calais seems to be my threshold. Driving isn't the cheapest way to get there, however when you factor in the hire cost of 4 bikes and a car for the duration of our stay it makes the cost and flexibility of driving work out in our favour.
Regards,

Andy.
Thanks for the nice comments, Andy, the flickr stuff is just a hobby and i post all sorts of rubbish on there, but i enjoy it! :rofl

Actually, i'd like some info on Cypsela as it looked really nice, but i couldn't quite work out their pricing structure from the website. I've been past Pals before, lovely area, but as you say, quite remote. However it is a great base for exploring the area.

Personally, if don't fly, so it's either coach or car, and if i can get reasonably priced accommodation, taking the car would be an option :)
Cider,

I haven't booked direct with the site before as we have previously used Keycamp/eurocamp etc.

The prices on the web appear to suggest that a moblie home is 72.5 euro per night for up to 5 people including electric/gas and aircon in the low season.

We have been very happy with Cypsela and will probably book again and do 16 nights there in 2009. At the end of the day we have been very happy with Cyp, my only issue is that when we venture off site for an evening someone has to drive - i.e. me.
The sites security and cleanliness are it's major assets.
We have driven down and stayed at both of these sites.As you said Cypsela is an immaculate site,but was too regimented for us.My preference is La Siesta,have stayed there about 6 times,the pool is much nicer,and a short walk to a lovely beach and nice restaurants,Lafranc is not far either and can walk to there as well,beautiful place.We have been to Barcelona twice and got the coach just outside the campsite,didnt want to drive there!,the toilet,shower blocks are not a patch on Cypsela,but we found it so much nicer staying at La Siesta.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.