Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
You might struggle for advice on this, there were two similar queries on the camping section recently and not a lot of experiences to report.

However, the bits I can fill in. Camping hols usually imply going by car and Italian petrol is about as expensive as in the UK - when I was a bit to the north of Garda a couple of years ago some locals were nipping over to Austria to fill up! Other general prices were on a par with the UK, restaurant prices varied wildly depending on how popular the area was.

Possibly not be as warm as the south of France in June but should be good enough - remember it is the start of the Alps so rain is possible.

For the kids, it depends on their ages. As well as any facilities on the site there is a theme park http://www.gardaland.it/en/home.php and boat trips on the lake. And if you are in a car you could even venture into the Alps - at that time of year there is still a chance of finding some snow (look over towards Stelvio) which may entertain them for a bit, as will the road!

But it's a long way to drive for a "few days", were you planning on to make it part of a wider tour?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.