Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Try putting the details of dates and airports and price on here and someone could pm you if they are interested. Also could try a card in a local shop window.
EDIT: Sorry, but the forums may not be used to advertise the sale of those tickets.
David HT Mod
I think the first question should be does the airline allow name changes on tickets and if they do, how much will the service charge be?

If they were insured it may be possible to claim cancellation costs, the excess could be less than the airline charge.
Yeah they do, it's £20 per name change so only £40 in total ... Only want £200 for the tickets so would sell for £240 all in !!!

I just don't know where to advertise ....
Hi dobutler ... it may be worth you looking at the booking conditions in finer detail. You mention the £20 amendment fee for the change of name. That may be no more than an administration charge for processing the alteration. There may also be additional charges related to the alteration. For example, it is not uncommon for companies to charge any difference in fare between the date of booking and the date of amendment. It is quite possible that such an amendment could cost this couple much more than the £20 per person which you anticipate. As Steve suggests, it may be worthwhile checking the couple's travel insurance policy, to see if cancellation as a result of unexpected pregnancy is covered.

David :wave
Im sure you wont have too much trouble selling them dobutler at £240 for the 2 . ;) something else worth checking though is if your only going to be selling 2 out of the 6 they may not put these 2 onto a different booking without imposing that charge for the price difference then and now . that may then leave you in a position where you are changing 2 names for the £40 but staying on the same booking in which case surely you would all have to check in together both ways :think

what dates are they for and from which airport
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.