Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi we stayed at the Sandos playacar in playacar Mexico last September.

It is close to playa del carmen and sits right on the white sandy beach and it has probably the best part of beach compared to the other hotels along this stretch! (IMO).
The rooms are fine we stayed in one of the blocks right at the front by the beach, air con worked ok, shower was good no problems....

The staff are very friendly and the buffet restuarants are very good. We did also try a couple of the themed restuarants and these two were good.

All in all we would recommend this hotel. We had a fantastic trip.
I must say I'm a huge Sandals fan and we've stayed at three (Antigua, Halcyon St Lucia & Jamaica Dunns River) and had a great time at all of them.
That was all several years ago, but this year we tried a Beaches resort with the children and that was also great and brought all the memories flooding back.

They are not cheap, but the booze is all top notch (Jack Daniels/Chivas Regal/Absolut/Tanqueray etc.) and you always have a great selection of restaurants with four or five different Beringer wines to choose from. Great range of watersports and scuba diving is included if your certified.

We've been to several other all-incs in the Caribbean (Rendezvous, Iberostar, Almond) but Sandals really are the Kings of all-inclusive IMHO.
If I had to criticise one thing, it's that their brochure pictures are very heavily airbrushed and the beaches are never quite THAT white.

Impossible to recommend exactly which one to go for, but Jamaica is generally more reasonably priced and Negril beach is meant to be fantastic (strange that in 3 visits to Jamaica, I never have made it down that end of the island). Sandals Negril has River Suites which have direct access to the pool from your own terrace and look pretty cool. Nearer the airport, Sandals Royal Jamaican has it's own island and you can jump on the complimentary bus and spend the day or evening at one of the other resorts in the area.

And no, I don't work for Sandals ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.