Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
there are quite a few cheap but good turkish restaurants in the old town, i think one is called the anatolian, we ate there quite a lot as my mother lives in marmaris and knows the cheap places to eat that are good. the main street is quite expensive and food not that great. if you want somewhere quite special but with good prices and lovely scenery its called cinar but its outside marmaris by about 15 mins so you would need a taxi, but the food is fab, really reasonably priced, gorgeous place with little streams and ponds with ducks dotted around and running through it , you can eat inside if you prefer too, definately worth a visit. my mother has told me the prices have gone up a fair bit since last year, she went to a cheapy burger restaurant in icmeler last week so out of season and it was £9 for a burger and none alcoholic drink for the 2 of them she thought this was very expensive for turkey and is concerned by the prices shes seeing around which is a bit worrying, as it does seem to have gone up in price over the last few years
last year we ate at unomomentoe on the beach front,excelent food,reasonably priced.mayfair on the main road was very good 3 courses for five pounds and that was in august.We are also going on the 7th may.Where are you staying?some place were offering free breakfast if you had your evening meal there.the amphi was one of these.sue
Hi,

Everyone will recommend different places, because there is really so much choice. Many of the restaraunts will let you bater the price of the meal, especially on an evening when all the business's are fighting for customers. Talk them down before you order :)
Enjoy your holiday :)
hi thank you very much for replys, we are staying in a place called club cettia suemart have you heard of it ?or know what its like? i just hope its not another holiday from hell it will be our luck luv kelly and chris xx
Hi Kel and Chris, we stayed at the Club Cettia in 2004 and used to eat at the pub next door called the Castle, there are lots of places just down from it cousins do lovely food but then most places do, didn't tend to venture up that way last year but believe there are a few new places. Also just read that a Tesco has opened in the Armutulan area. Maggie
hi maggie thank you very much honest opinion what is the club cettia like then ? cool we do our shopping at tescos luv kelly and chris xxx
Hi,
If you like a good curry you should try the Taj Mahal. Its not far from the Cettia, maybe a 10 to 15 min walk. if you dont want to walk just jump on the number 3 dolmus which runs right past the Cettia. Also, as said before the Castle is very good really nice lads there especially Alex.
By the way I would like to know where they have built a Tesco in Armutalan, I have an apartment there and havent heard anything
Shirl
hi shirl thank you, i luv a good curry we usually have one on a sat night so will probably go and try yum yum thanks again luv kelly and chris xxx
Hi Kelly and Chris, It was our first time to Turkey when we went to Cettia, we had a one bed apt overlooking the main road, we had a great time, small pool with slide and a bar by the apartments but you can also use the facilities in the hotel gym, sauna, turkish bath indoor pool.We went half board but after a week we were fed up with food and used to eat out after that. The only bad meal we had last year was at the Apex restaraunt opposite cousins 2,my daughter went to Starbux opposite Cettia and had a good meal, Sofra behind Gima do lovelly food and very cheap.You will have a great time.

Hi Shirl65, Suprised you don't know about the Tesco, apparently on the Dacta road next to petrol station if you go on tripadvisor it's all there on the Marmaris forum.
try these......... they have been recommended... http://www.marmarisyellowpages.com/English/restmar.htm let us know what you think,,,, feed back is always welcome
hi thank you very much chelsea boy help much appreciated l will definatley let you all know thanks again luv kelly and chris xx
turkey is the only country we go to on a self catering holiday, so we can eat out in different resteraunts,for the last five years we always have a fab meal at o yes on the sea front, and La vitas, looking forward to going to them this summer.
shirl65
apparently the tesco will be built over on the main road where tesbo and the football pitch is, thats the road which runs past the pearl.
i pannicked when i herd this as we also have our place in armutalan, up the road from cittea there is the sinserity hotel with the little kids play park behind it thats where our place is.
are you anywhere near there??
At the Icmeler-end of Marmaris, there is an open structure with octagonal-pyramid roof. It is one of my favorite Kebab places. It is a bit too far from downtown, but if you are staying on that half of the town you might try it.

If you are going towards Icmeler (on the Ichmeler dolmush for instance), it will be on your right, one block after the road forks into two and most of the traffic takes the right branch. Or you can take the "Siteler" dolmush, which takes the left road, but get off at the fork and walk 100meters towards Icmeler.

if you have GoogleEarth, it is at the coordinates 36*49'49" N, 28*14'31" E.

This information was correct in 2005.
  • Edited by nkt777 2007-05-01 02:16:35
Choose any one of them, Sit down and let them do the rest for you, Personal preferences count for nothing really mate, I have been to that region 10 times and not once have I not been satisfied with any meal that's been put on the table for me.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.