Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
I would recommend the Pelicanos/Ocas, it is only a 3* but I would say that it has everything that you're looking for. It is near bars/restaurants, has a fantastic pool and the food was pretty good when we stayed there last year.
The beach is only a 5 minute walk away and it's on the flat.

Hope you get sorted.

Sue :)
p.s xcapewithus deal with the Pelicanos
I dont think you can beat the Levante club hotel its a 4* 5-10 mins walk from the centre of everything but far enough out of the way not to have noise til 3-4am in the morning and there are a fair few bars directly over the road
9 of us went and couldnt fault it there is a thread just further down this page

Dont get confused with the levante club apartments they are not the same as the hotel

Also you can book this hotel direct just put the hotel name in google and you should find their website

Hope this helps
Kitten
Stevei

I'd recommend the Palm Beach Hotel. Although it is quite a walk up a steep hill, it is a 4* Hotel, the food is lovely, rooms clean etc. Myself and my partner have stayed here 3 times and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone.

It's normally a bit cheaper than other Benidorm hotels but I'd say it's great value for money. You also have a fridge in the room which is handy for keeping your drinks cool!

Hope you manage to book something.

Gillian :)
Riudor we found excellent can only book through thomsons though,they are very resonable with prices for hotel only.Very central adults only i believe now food was fantastic when we went.
I would forget about the Riudor ,hubby and I were there for new year, they have a new chef and the food now is diabolical.
Have you looked at the Agir Hotel or the Belroy Hotel on Avenue Mediteraneo?

Best Regards - Taggy
try the hotel calypso been 3 times food is excellent good location
hello hotel orange for me you cant beat it great food great staff lovely hotel we going in nov :sun2 [list=]
Ambassador playa, orange, and venus! - Pick any of these, and you wont go wrong!

Belly!
Ambassador playa, orange, and venus

Sorry Belly but I can't agree with that.

I cannot comment about the Orange or the Venus as I haven't stayed at either allthough they do look nice and seem to get good reviews. I have stayed at the Ambassador Playa and wasn't impressed.
I didn't like the dining room at all, I found the ceiling too low and felt hemmed in. The food wasn't very good either.
The room, although very clean was small and dated. I personally wouldn't stay there again.

P.S Has anyone stayed at the Los Dalmatas recently? We are due to stay there in July and I was just wondering what it's like at the moment.
I stayed at the Ambassador playa this April, I found the food poor, and I found the dining room very claustrophobic.
The rooms was too small for my liking, I am used to the size of rooms in Pelicanos and Flamingo Benidorm.
If the food was that bad, my mother who is a very fussy eater, would not have agreed to book the same hotel again - We always found something we enjoyed, and the salad selection was great too.

Yes, the dining room is smaller than some other larger hotels in benidorm but we never once, had any trouble finding a table,(in july or sept), and never had to share with anyone else either (unlike some hotels - where you are allocated a table for your stay). To be honest I never noticed how low the ceiling was - (and I'm nearly 6ft tall!) - Was probably too busy tucking in :)

The rooms were kept nice and clean, and I'd say they were no smaller than a standard twin room, that you would expect of a 3* hotel. (There were 3 of us sharing too!).

Belly!
hi bellyballyboo.. I totally agree with your comments.... :tup

scully27 :wave
we only stayed for 1 week, and the salad selection was the same every night.
and I don't know if it was because we went early in the year but they only had 1 theme night, and it was sea food, which consisted of, crab sticks, prawns and muscles.
Could have been! We were lucky! - Got the fresh salmon!, plus the mexican lovely tortillas, etc.. italian night, gorgeous pizzas, pasta dishe's, and a nice sunday roast too!

Belly!
and never had to share with anyone else either (unlike some hotels - where you are allocated a table for your stay).

When I stayed there, I had to share with a couple and a single person on a table for 4 one morning for breakfast. I was guided there by the waiter so didn't feel like I had much choice.

I agree that the Flamingo Oasis and the Sol Pelicanos are a much better choice but it wouldn't do for us all to be the same, each to there own, no offence meant.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.