General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi tootsie - I put it on about every 3 days & have a nice golden glow. It also smells far nicer than all the others I've tried including the St Tropez.
Hiya Helen - glad you agree - some of the others do have a very strong "tanfastic" smell dont they?

I liked the fact it didnt turn orange on your elbows and kneecaps etc! :wave:
Might give that a try..I am not keen on the johnsons one, it stinks!!
I tried the Dove one a while ago, I thought it was a bit thicker and stickier than the Johnsons one and didn't sink in as quickly, wasn't overkeen on it, although I agree about the nice smell.
Nowadays I buy fake tan/everyday lotions from the £1 shops - I've found various ex-supermarket ones there, and even picked up a 400ml Johnsons Holiday Skin with free moisturising shower gel for £1 last weekend :wink:
I'm another fan of Dove Summer glow. At the moment since our week in Spain, I'm using the medium-dark every 3 or 4 days just to keep up my tan.
I have some of that too and I have been putting a bit on every few days to start my tan off. It is very nice, just subtle and it smells quite nice too.
Went in Poundworld today and got Dove Summer Glow Daily Face Moisturiser with built-in SPF15 - for £1 :-D They had the Fair/Medium and also the Medium/Dark. They also had the Johnsons Holiday Skin Face Moisturiser with both the Normal/Dry and Normal/Combination variants.
Hi
I also use Dove, I find it works really well, I put some on my legs last night , ready to air them in todays sun. They look good, I am going to kephalonia in just over two weeks time, so I am going to use more regularly so I will have a bit of colour when I arrive. :tup
M
I used it when it first came out a few years ago, but I found that either the weather was too cold to stand around half naked rubbing in lotion...
or I was in too much of a hurry
or too tired
or some other excuse

don't think I've seen my legs since last summer, so maybe I'd get a shock if I did look at them....... :(
ooooo thanks toots :tup

my daughter has been using the johnsons one, and it smells very chemically, i shall get her the dove to try......

xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.