Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
I would imagine so in 'English' shops but you'll pay through the nose for them. How about going out for a cheap meal instead?
They are available but they are very expensive. Netto stock alsorts of stuff like that and it is all over priced. It would probably be cheaper and nicer to get chips from the bar. Perhaps bring a supply of Pot Noodles :yikes
Eternal outsider

Yes we will be eating out every evening, just wanted to know because if we are to spend the day at the pool with the kids we don't want to clart on getting ready just to go get something to eat for dinner then have to come back to the hotel and get back into swimming cossys if you get what I mean, I would find it a lot less hassle just eating in the hotel or making something quick hence not having to keep getting changed ;)
Neilthebeaver

yeah your probably right, just thought it would be a change from eating chips all the time or pizzas coz I got 2 very fussy kids, and i'm the only one that likes pot noodles :D , but good idea I might take a couple for me if my suitcase is not too heavy :oops:
Perhaps go out and get a takeaway or something if you're that bothered? Or have I missed something?
Eternal outsider

the reason I asked about the m.meals was to save us leaving the hotel if we spent the day at the pool, yes it's fine having something from the snack bar, but something different would be nice, we don't often spend the day at the pool but the kids have to have there time aswell,and as Neil stated the price of those m.meals are way overpriced we will just have to make sarnies
Mrs Morrisons in Puerto base do a range of microwave meals and they are cheaper than the netto.
Louise31

Thanks for that , but where exactly is Puerto base? is it in the C.C
In front of the Revoli you have Puerto Escala, on the opposite side you have Puerto Base where the majority of boat trips leave from. As you work down you ll see Red Rose and Flanagans apple down a little alleyway and its down there. Dont blink youll miss it. Still rather expensive though.
NeilTheBeaver

Thanks for letting me know where it is but I think we will stick to making some fresh sarnies , like I say we will only be eating in the hotel on a few occasions ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.