Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Thanks Briar

Unfortunately that forum did not answer my questions...........

Totally off topic - do you own an Airedale?
Hi Sarah

Assuming you are coming from Dalaman the transfer takes about an hour to Olu as they come through the Gocek tunnel which has trimmed about 25 minutes off the journey time.

We thought the roads were safe enough and certainly didn't feel any more at risk than we would on any UK roads.

Just a note about the choice of hotels, we haven't actually stayed at either of them but we met an English guy there last week who was staying at the Asena Beach with his partner and young child and he said they found it very noisy at night and had lots of trouble sleeping but perhaps another HT member who has actually stayed there might care to comment on that.
The road down from Hisaronu to Olu Deniz was widened and improved during last winter. We noticed the difference this year. Hope that helps!
Hi

As someone else has just said, there is a tunnel now through the mountains and a motorway so the journey is a lot easier. There has been an enormous improvement in the transport side since we first went 8 years ago. Back then there were some very dodgy dolmus and coaches. Now though, they are all nice and new, they seem to have really sorted this side of things out.

On the baby side, my daughter had taken her baby twice now and found they do sell normal full fat cows milk in supermarkets. No bath though in the rooms, well at the Karbel, where we stayed. So she had to dunk her in the sink. She did plan to take a small inflatable to fill up as a bath but not sure she did.
Thanks guys for all your help :tup :tup

I think I may book my holiday now :cheers :cheers

Brair if you can find that link, it would be great. Also I have an Airedale but also love the welsh terriers!! good choice lol
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.