Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
I would be very surprised if there was a lack of entertainment on Independence or any of the RCI ships to be honest. We have cruised with RCI and always enjoyed the shows, the ice skating show and singers/dancers etc.

What was not enjoyable for the couple you spoke to, does not mean it wont be enjoyable for yourselves. We are also looking to book this cruise for October of next year as well.

On all RCI ships now, once on board you can book different drink packages so it works out much cheaper doing it that way if you like the odd tipple or two :rofl

Please don't let just one couples review/comments put you off
I echo Debbies post :cheers I cannot imagine there is a lack of nightly entertainment aboard! Can you not look at the back catalogue of the daily programmes and check this out?

I went on a cruise a couple of years ago, which had a lot of sea days, and met a couple who continually complained about the fact they had seen no land for days!! In the end I just had to ask them, had they actually checked the itinerary before they booked, and not realised that fact!!! :que

Did this couple specify what exactly was "not going on"?
Have a look at the Cruise Compass, a daily bulletin of activities onboard. It is hard to imagine there not being enough to do- my complaint is generally that I don't have enough time to do all the things I want to do/see onboard.

http://www.beyondships.com/RCI-IOS-Profile.html

BTW- the drink packages are only offered on Grandeur and Independence at this date- they are still assessing whether they will extend them to the rest of the fleet.
i too have cruised on this ship food/entertainment fine..what i didnt like about it was the size far too big for me ...meet someone the first day you never saw them again till getting off .but the drinks prices on board what a complete rip off ..no wonder the cruise fares or so cheap..
Never been on RCI, but for any ship the entertainment is very personal (if there wasn't any we wouldn't miss it), no one can predict or change the weather, drinks on RCI are expensive and each one attracts a 15% service charge.
Hi

I am about to book the Canaries cruise for 20th Oct for Missus and myself. How does the Independence handle itself in rough seas?

Actually any advice would be appreciated we booked a junior suite guarantee which means you get the chance of being upgraded anyone done this deal ?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.