Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Internet and phone from the ship are mind blowingly expensive when calling using ships facilities.

Only call when in port and sure the phone is NOT connected to the ship.
Interenet use cafes in ports or don't bother to carry it.

How old, US ships have higher age limits for alcohol but might be reduced to 18 for uk trips.

Insids are quite spacious plenty of mirrors but for 3 you need to be good friends/family.

Hair dryers in the cabins are good IIRC there was 240(eu socket) an 110(us socket)
The Indy does have an internet cafe which isn't wildly expensive if you're just sending e-mails and so on.

I think if one of the party serve her a glass of wine at dinner she'll be Ok, but I suspect she won't be able to buy one herself.
Tea bags are Tetleys not Liptons Yellow label as is usual on American ships. If they drink coffee then take a supply of your favourite instant as there is no coffee in your room only tea. My husband said the coffee in the self service places was sometimes awful so he made his own in our room. Kettles are provided and we took mugs from the coffee shop. Your supposed to use disposables but as we were taking empty mugs no one objected.
Alochol is 21 on IOS, you can sign a waiver for over 18's, under 18's is a big no no.

Cabin space should be fine, 3 mirrors at dressing table, one full length on outside of bathroom, large mirror in bathroom.

Plugs take both US and Euro plugs, with 2 different voltages. Own hairdryer works poor on lower voltage, but switch pugs to high volage and will work well.

As said only in emergency use a mobile onboard, very expensive as is the cost of wifi.

Tea/coffee available free in Sorento's and the windjammer. Ben and Jerry's is expensive, there are free icecream facilities by the pools (ice yougurt) which is very nice.

Overall, the ship is excellent, with plenty to do. Ice show is a must, tickets are first come first served when available, prepare to q for them.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.