Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Sue,

Sorry about this uncertainty. Celebrity, I am sure, will do everything to accomodate their passengers. From what we have seen it looks like the cloud is moving (albeit slowly) south east so hopefully Manchester will open up by Sunday. If Heathrow is still a problem, they may have an option to take you to Glasgow but unfortunately it will all be down to aeroplane availability and planes could be "in the wrong place" etc. Also everyone will be clamouring for seats.

If there are a significant number of European passengers on the cruise, and the airspace is fully open by late Sunday but still causing delays into Monday, I do wonder if Celebrity may delay departure for up to a half day and try and pick up greater pace across Atlantic....maybe not feasible!

Disappointing as it would be at least you may be able to pick something else up in the next month or two if it doesn't work out. Knowing you, much of your thinking at present will be with granddaughter...they are facing a gruelling coach journey from Venice, but probably no other option as they reckon the cloud is fast headed that way so by the time airports here are all open again the Italian ones may be closed!

You have a great attitude.
Bad news that window has closed again and a lot of people notified to get to the Airports are now stranded there.
Darren had said friends of his who were to fly to Barbados to connect with a cruise were last night on their way to Glasgow as a Virgin flights was arriving there or had arrived there from Barbados. Now that flight will too be grounded.
ME I have accepted that I am not going anywhere tomorrow and whilst I will lose the money I have paid for rooms in Manchester that is not the end of the world. n
Life and safety are paramount.
I have decided that I will book another cruise with X on the Solstice in the Caribbean as there are reasonable prices with offers for over 55's.
Looking at the Equinox in Europe the prices are sky high with nearly £3600-£4000 for a 10 night balcony room.
Hope those of you who are stuck either abroad or at home will be able to get your plans sorted out in some way. There are millions much worse off than I am so I am indeed fortunate

Sue
Why not give P&O a ring and see if they can do a deal 3 tripos in the next 2 days from Southampton
They have any people that can't make the ship.

If it still bad next week on then there may be something.
Don't know that I would like to do P&O! Looked at Cunard out of Southampton but prices are high. I am a bit silly I know but I had my heart set on the Solstice class.
Can get 2 BTB on the Solstice on 16/23/30 May at good prices for high grade balcony rooms. It will cost more as the flights are more and 2 lots of taxes.
I am fortunate I know in that I can afford to do this even though it is X2.

I have got my rooms at the Hilton cancelled and refunded so to date it has cost me nothing and I am safe well and comfortable at home.

Thanks in any case for the suggestion W/Jammer

Sue
If the price is right why not fill the time with something.
Cheap deals are a good way to test the alternatives.

It might be that there are enough people that can't fly out wanting the cabins of those that can't fly in so they stay high anyway.

Cunard QV next week might have something or a Round trip TA on the QM2

Personaly I would still be a bit concered about anything with a flight.

Anything on Elcipse, that Baltic looks good, 7May, could get cheaper if people can't fly would be popular with US people.

It's all a bit up in the air till this things stop spewing out ash.
Cunard are booked for the Queen Vic and also for some of the short cruises. the 13 night round trip only has B1 and B2 balcony at a cost of £3800 X2 just too expensive and this is into June.
Looked at the P&O web site but I will ring them just to see what is available. Def don't want the Ventura.

Thanks anyway and BA have now announced that all short haul flights have been cancelled until Monday at the earliest.

Sue
Due to fly out from Gatwick tomorrow morning for a Costa Fortuna cruise departing Venice.
If my flight gets cancelled due to the volcanic ash but I can get to the next port, Bari, will I still be allowed to get on?
Could there be an extra charge for not boarding in Venice ?
Any answers at this late stage appreciated.
I am almost certain that there would be no charge and that they would be happy to board wherever you can. Did you book the flights with Costa. Your only problem may be that if flights like yours are cancelled it might be that there would not be availability.
I would look online and see what is out there flight wise. Don't book anything as if your flight is on then you will not be refunded for that flight. At least this is what I gather from the BA site.
BA have rebooked us with AA flying on 22nd May but if the flight is reinstated then we can revert back to our origional flight.
The ASH is another problem but it is intermittant and we will have to wait and see like you.

Good LUCK!

Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.